1956 Buick Super Body Panels

Guest Old Nailhead

Guest Old Nailhead

Hi,

I am on the lookout for some body panels for my 1956 Buick Super 2-Door Hardtop. I am pretty sure I have to replace the rocker panels but those are more easy to find. But I still need to find the front and rear lower quarter panels for both sides. Does anybody know who makes them or where I can find some that are in good shape. I would prefer new ones.

Also which MIG-Welder do you prefer for auto body work? What brand and what size? I do know how to weld but haven't worked with a MIG-Welder before.

Nicole

Hi Nicole, there is't much new for '56 Buick as far as sheetmetal, floor pans are available. Be careful of the rocker panels some are just "covers" sold to go over the old ones. There's alot of links on the Buick Club web site BUICK CLUB OF AMERICA including one specifically for information on '56 Buicks.

Wheatbelt would be one of the places to contact about sheetmetal parts too.

As far as a Mig welder, I have a Lincoln SP100 and have had it for over 20 years, it's 110V but do some research first. My friends have mostly Snap-on welders though.

Let's see some pictures, and please join the Buick Club of America, you'll be glad you did!:):)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old Nailhead

Thank you for the advice. I am currently looking at getting the parts I need from a parts car. If that doesn't work out I guess I have to use sheet metal. as far as the mig-welder goes I haven't been able to find the Lincoln 100. So I am looking into the Lincoln 140. I believe that might be what used to be the 100.

Nicole