MrEarl Wants YOU in a '54 Buick

MrEarl

I don't think there are any pits. I think what you are seeing there are a bunch of reflections. It is almost impossible to take good clear amateur photos of chrome items like that without weird reflections. When I am trying to sell a chrome item, I tend to take multiple photos from different angles so you can look at all of the photos and get a good idea of the quality of the part and the plating.

• 2 weeks later...

Still available and the ad was changed lowering the price in the last few hours. Only $22K for a '54 Skylark. Unbelievable. Possibly a worthwhile investment for someone on the westcoast even to flip as is. But even restored, unlike say a 2 door hard top version, one could probably actually make a profit on their investment.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4335396823.html

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

Hhhhmmmm, I do not believe there is one person on this forum that believes that. That may be a good poll, Will Mr Earl buy another 54 Buick - it would go something like this LOL (NO) LMAO (Yes)

I'm considering using the CL pictures, listing the car on eBay for $30K Buy It Now and giving the successful bidder his phone number as to when and where to pick the car up. Surely the seller would be willing to give me at least a $5K Buyer Finders fee. he he he

seriously, one has to wonder why he hasn't listed it on eBay

• 2 weeks later...

another "the re-plated chrome is worth the asking" one...

worse "bad" is that the windshield is cracked. I've been emailing the seller and would be afraid to offer $2500 as then I would have bought another '54 and we all know I'm not buying any mo fitty fo's. Somebody could buy this, put about $1500 and a weeks labor in it and make a pretty decent profit I would think.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4366070640.html

How do I rate it? The interior is beautiful. Not to crazy about the color combo. Factory AC he says. I guess it did come from a factory, the ARA factory, but not a Buick factory though.

Mike if you're watching, what's the story on that ARA AC?

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I love the color combination on the exterior. Rarely seen, and like having a 'tan' convertible top against a 50's color bottom. Kind of neat but my guess is not original. ?? Not sure. Don't care for those wire wheels.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh, I'm not sure of that. Maybe a modified AWARD.

From all the stuff I have read about how hard it is to find QUALIFIED JUDGES, I'm not to sure awards always mean that much. IMO.

Give me a dash plaque, and I'm a happy camper. A nice COLORFUL collector piece for all that showed their car.

Dale in Indy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...