Sign in to follow this  
MrEarl

MrEarl Wants YOU in a '54 Buick

I wish Mr Earl would find me a 54... :)

I'm findin 'em, you just need to rob a bank and buy 'em.

Depending on the sellers meaning of paint "looks presentable" and considering the entire mechanical has been rebuilt, glass is excellent (hopefully new rubber) and from the pictures solid floors and rockers (although it looks as though they neglected to paint the undersides of the rockers), this could be a pretty good deal. Also mentions restored front grille. (tha's a grand there). Very much worth looking into and making an offer. These lil sedans are scarce, I love 'em.

1954 BUICK SPECIAL 2DR SURVIVOR GREAT SHAPE

3E53L33Me5Le5N25I2d52d2013e6aa88e1731.jpg

3G63Jb3He5N95F15Had5264f2dc353eaa1f48.jpg

3G83J53Hc5L45K55F9d523b386a44323218e7.jpg

Up for sale today is a very clean and super solid 1954 Buick Special 2d sedan. This is a great start for anyone looking for a easy and very affordable weekend project. Its ready for immediate purchase and for more detail information you can call 321-243-0328 A major restoration was started on the car about 5 ago years, the entire drive-line (Engine, transmission, rear-end) and brake system were completely overhauled, it still has its original nail head, dynaflow tranny and rear.The engine runs great i have over 12k in receipts spent by previous owner for the service done by well respected service shops here locally. All the glass is in excellent shape, the stainless that i have is in excellent shape. The paint and body were done about 4 years ago in a nice metallic maroon and white inside and out, and it looks presentable. The restoration was stopped at interior upholstery. All the interior trim has been painted to match and is wrapped up in paper in the trunk, The interior just needs the seats, door panels and carpet redone(i have the original door panels). The car during the past 5 years until now has been limited to a drive around the block 1-2 times a month, now its started and ran daily. The front and rear bumpers need re-chroming there in good shape otherwise, the entire grill has been redone recently. The trim that I have is on the car it needs the passenger door back sweep molding. All the lights and gauges function properly, the vacuum wipers are a little sticky but engage.The tires are bias ply white walls they are in good shape but could use a couple miles put on them. Its been couped up in a garage for the last 5 years and is now ready for a new home and a owner to take it to the next level. I DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS SO PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL OR TEXT, 7500 obo ONLY TRADES IM INTO

47-59 GM TRUCKS 58-63 IMPALA BISCAYNES OR BELAIRS 62-65 NOVAS.

As a comparable to the car above, I stopped and looked at this car on a trip to Kansas a year or so ago. Floors and rockers and rear quarter full of cancer, glass all fogged up, wouldn't crank.

1954 Buick Special 2 Door

Here's a sweet lil 15K mile all original Special. A 3 speed car with a pristine non-flexible steering wheel and check out the nice original headliner and condition of dash. From where I'm sitting the upholstery and glass all looks good and I see no rust through in the normal places. Somebody needs to rescue this '54 time capsule and bring to the next National for an Archival Class Elite award. Nobody hardly ever wants to spend a lots of money on 4 doors, so having something like this that would be so unique and interesting in and of it's own right to me would be so exciting. Park this next to a newly restored 54-55-56 and see which one draws the biggest crowd.

If it is a running, driving and stopping car, I think the asking price is reasonable to start negotiations at. Email me if I can be of any help in what to look for or ask the seller. I will be calling them later just to chat about the car.

1954 BUICK SPECIAL

Be CAREFUL, chats often turn into BUYS............, but since you aren't a fifty fo LOVER, well, it won't happen, MAYBE.........

Dale in Indy

Be CAREFUL, chats often turn into BUYS............, but since you aren't a fifty fo LOVER, well, it won't happen, MAYBE.........

Dale in Indy

MrEarl has bought his last fitty fo Buick. :)

Hey Mr. Earl, I've been to Country Classics in Ill. and they have some nice cars. This green '54 would really compliment Terry's wardrobe, if you would help her fix it up a bit, and then she could join in on our discussions. Waddya think ?

Here's a sweet lil 15K mile all original Special. A 3 speed car with a pristine non-flexible steering wheel and check out the nice original headliner and condition of dash. From where I'm sitting the upholstery and glass all looks good and I see no rust through in the normal places. Somebody needs to rescue this '54 time capsule and bring to the next National for an Archival Class Elite award. Nobody hardly ever wants to spend a lots of money on 4 doors, so having something like this that would be so unique and interesting in and of it's own right to me would be so exciting. Park this next to a newly restored 54-55-56 and see which one draws the biggest crowd.

If it is a running, driving and stopping car, I think the asking price is reasonable to start negotiations at. Email me if I can be of any help in what to look for or ask the seller. I will be calling them later just to chat about the car.

1954 BUICK SPECIAL

nice find! I love it!

Man would that ever be a FOOLER, drop a 502 in it, 9" Ford rear, dis. brakes all around, 6-speed manual, and leave the shifter on the column.

Clear the finish, just to stop any surface action.

That's what I would do, no changes to body though. Some of you MIGHT not agree, but each to his own, right? Right!

Dale in Indy

You do realize these forums have a crazy long memory right?

Ok folks, I'm starting to take bets but I have to set the line for the over/under. I figure 15 months is about right....me I'd pick under.

Maybe fo hisself, but what about others ? See post #110.

Mike in Colorado

If it 'IS', as nice as pictures hint, then you certainly could NOT build for that price. Well, unless you did it yourself, and didn't count hours, and hours of work.

Not my color, but very nice.

Personally it needs gravity to work to the tune of about 1-1-1/2", IMO.

What does Mr. Earl say????

Dale in Indy

If it 'IS', as nice as pictures hint, then you certainly could NOT build for that price. Well, unless you did it yourself, and didn't count hours, and hours of work.

Not my color, but very nice.

Personally it needs gravity to work to the tune of about 1-1-1/2", IMO.

What does Mr. Earl say????

Dale in Indy

Mama always said "If you can't say something nice................"

But I gotta ask "How did a Century 'vertible end up with a radiator shroud from a Special syncromesh tranny car?????

Mama always said "If you can't say something nice................"

But I gotta ask "How did a Century 'vertible end up with a radiator shroud from a Special syncromesh tranny car?????

Well, did you ever hear "jack up the radiator cap and drive another car under it"? A 292 engine.?? A Special???

Ben

and heeeeeeeeres another...or two... drive'em home from Portland....

http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/cto/4169922875.html

00m0m_iDGhIh5Uvoo_600x450.jpg

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/4132180684.html

A nice prospect for a Patina Special.....Looks to be pretty much solid and unmolested.

00V0V_6HQ1tBotIH5_600x450.jpg

http://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/4162653455.html

post-31987-143142262579_thumb.jpg

Sure am finding a lot of "This posting has been deleted by its author" ads, meaning only one thing.... the car sold and you missed another chance at a BEAUTIFUL BUY....and that the market is looking up.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Lamar: Would $550 get you to buy another one - even just for good parts? :P It's not that far from Athens to Orlando!

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4174753462.html

Fred

OOOP's too bad looks like it has been sold already. I get the [h=2]This posting has been deleted by its author.[/h]But I know the car, a little 4 door Special sittin in the edge of a field I'm thinkin.... not many good parts left actually.