Optioned 1961-62 Coupe deVille Question

Guest rayvaflav

Guest rayvaflav

As I will be in the market to purchase a 1961 or 1962 (most likely a '62) Cadillac 2-door in the next couple of years, I have been looking at what is out there currently. I am hoping to find a car that is restored or super clean original, one that is ready to drive and use. My one caveat is that this two-door is really loaded . I am looking for what I hope to be a Coupe deVille with a/c, and full power including p/vw, p/dl, Guidematic, cruise control, trunk release and pull-down, foglamps, etc. I don't seem to see too many coupes equipped this way, mainly Eldorado Biarritz (too bad they dropped the Seville in '61, that's probably what I would be looking at) and Fleetwood 60S models. Am I looking at something that may be more difficult to find than I imagined ? Somebody must have wanted a loaded two-door hardtop when these things were available new.

Thanks in advance,

Ray (1964 Riviera, and it's loaded !)

Guest quadfins

According to the statistical research that I have done, you will have trouble finding some of these options, and more difficulty with multiples.

For example, all de Villes and most Series 62 have power windows, and Guidematic is fairly common. But cruise control, power trunk, & power vents ended up on only about 5% of cars. AC on 55%. I've seen more power trunks and door locks on Fleetwoods and de Ville 4-doors.

Even eldorados and Fleetwoods did not come standard with AC, CC, pdl, pt or fog lights.Your best bet might be to find an example with as much on it as possible, and then find and add the rest.

It will take some hunting and grunting, and lots of blood and scraped knuckles, but it can be done.

Jim

Guest rayvaflav

Thanks for your response Jim. This sort of surprises me as I would have thought that the up and coming executive would have wanted a two-door hardtop as loaded as can be. I do agree with your assessment that if I cannot find a Coupe deVille that has the options that I want I can always add them later. I did see a '61 Coupe deVille with all of these options and bucket seats (I prefer the bench on the Cadillacs) last year so I know that they are out there, they must be few and far between.

Ray

Guest quadfins

More odd facts from my unscientific research:

Basic Group A was ordered on 36% of 1961 cars, and included:

heater

radio

E-Z-Eye tinted glass

White sidewall tires

Basic Group B was ordered on 51% of 1961 cars, and included:

all items of Basic Group A, plus air conditioning

Equipment Group 2, ordered on 28% of cars, had Dor-Guards and Guidematic.

Equipment Group 3, ordered on 11% of cars added fog lights to EG 2.

Of course, these options could be ordered individually, too.

• 1 month later...
Guest premo

$13,000 obo located in PORTLAND ore 97236

A very nice 1962 Cadillac coupe deville for sale a real head turner 390 refreshed stock motor runs good. Gloss Black Paint looks really great. I have extra pics.... I have as much side trim as I could get my hands on but you would probably need some extra side trim, the ones I have are good but some have dents that come with the car. interior is stock black and white this Cadillac has everything you would expect from a Cadillac at that time accept NO Air conditioning and CControl... it has power windows,power wing windows,a power bench seat,power door locks. auto high beam,auto rear trunk latch all the air blows strong.

It has wide white walls plus two sets of original hub caps one tan and one black.. Please let me know if I can send any more Pics ? Thanks... Cadillac Jack sorry no trades cell: 503.317.6827 <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Edited by premo (see edit history)

Guest fins_and_chrome

Hi Ray,

I own both a Fleetwood 60S and a Coupe. The Fleetwood is loaded with all options. The Coupe is missing A/C, power vents and door locks but I still love it. Coupes and Sedans tend not to be optioned out for this time period. Here's a link that advertises all options for a Coupe 1962 Cadillac Coupe de Ville

Thx,

Wayne

Edited by fins_and_chrome (see edit history)