Dear people,

I am Jesper Tichelaar and have some questions about the 1941 Oldsmobile which we are currently restoring. First of all we need the following parts and can't find them:

- Rubber for the cowl handel ( I will post a picture later on)

- Retaining clips for mounting the chrome plate on the dashboard

- A manually operated antenna (only need the antenna)

- The ''hood release'' button

- 8.00 x 15 White Wall tires (good ones, original Firestone prevered)

- The housing for the tail lights (I think it's poured aluminium)

Please can someone help me finding this parts...?

Jesper Tichelaar

• 4 weeks later...

Ah okay. Thanks man! And I have another question maybe does someone know what I mean:

On the inner fender sides (where it seals with the Fender itself) there are little staples.

I think there has been a rubber strip attached to this so it would seal with the fender and also prevent vibration.

Can anyone verify this?

And can someone tell me which rubber to use again? It was also on the top of the grille but without staples. I will make a picture so I can show what I mean.

The staples are also on the heater (there was rubber on there to, to seal of with the upper cowling.)

On the inner fender sides (where it seals with the Fender itself) there are little staples.

I think there has been a rubber strip attached to this so it would seal with the fender and also prevent vibration

Those staples held a rubber dust shield type thing in place over the control arm/knee action shock. My 42s had the same staples and I pulled the staples out before painting the inner liner.

a possible fix or help for this is to buy the rubber replacement pieces and drill SMALL holes in the liner and use the aftermarket push in type plastic fastners. They make some small ones that would not be noticed. In lieu of that unless you have access to a staple gun that will penetrate that metal, that is the only fix I know of. Is this a high class rebuild you are doing??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone with a '41 Olds or a '40 Olds make a picture of the lock of the rear bootlid?

I had mine galvanized but a part has dissapeared in the acid so I don't know how it properly works. To be clear: The lock from the inside of the bootlid. It has somekind of sliding mechanism to close the boot.

• 6 months later...