window visor wood ????

Guest buckfarmer

Guest buckfarmer

I have a model 30-57 and I need a picture of the wood assembly under the front window visor, specifically where it meets the front door post and roof rail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the fisher body manual but none of the pictures are very good of the part of the car. The wood I have is terribly bad and I can't quite figure out how these parts all fit together.

Guest buckfarmer

No I have a reasonable example of what the size and dimensions of that piece are. (one half is good the other is rotted off on the end, but there is enough left to copy.) The part I am not sure of is just on the other side of that piece, to the outside of the glass. The piece has the front window visor attached to it and all the roof bows running the length of the car attach to it. I have enough wood to understand the general shape and fit of the center part of this piece (actually appears to be two pieces), my problem lies at the ends of the piece where it meets the front door post and the roof rail that runs the length of the car over the doors. I just can't quite figure how all this comes together there, and I would really like to get it right. I was hoping someone might have a picture of this with the wood exposed.

thanks,

Neil

Neil,

Well I think you are in luck due to the fact that my 1930 Model 68 is currently sans interior and the wood is complete to the best of my knowledge. Here are some shots of the area in question. Although it is not a Model 57, I would hazard a guess that mine would be very similar if not identical to yours.

post-63406-1431384307_thumb.jpg

post-63406-143138430708_thumb.jpg

post-63406-143138430715_thumb.jpg

post-63406-143138430723_thumb.jpg

post-63406-14313843073_thumb.jpg

post-63406-143138430738_thumb.jpg

Guest buckfarmer

Thanks Micheal

Those pics should help alot. Could you take a couple of photos from the outside to show how the steel fits together.

Thanks,

Neil