Spring Project - Interior

Guest re-reatta

Guest re-reatta

I'm lining up supplies for a spring project on my interior. With the incredible success that ReattaFan1 had with dying his interior, I'll be trying the same. I also bought new door ajar switches, window motors and lock actuators for both doors. I'm now looking for new door speakers, possibly Kickers or Rockford Fosgates. I purchased a Delco AM/FM CD player that should be a direct fit, making it look factory. The Pioneer just doesn't look "right". The under carpet wiring will also be addressed while the carpet is out. I may also try adding the blood pressure cuff to the lumbar support at that time.

Am I missing anything ????

Any suggestions ????

While you're on the floor boards and all the carpeting out, might check how your emergency brake is working; check your console shift lighting, inverter, ashtray bulb, and under dash courtesy lights.

Edited by 88atta (see edit history)

Guest re-reatta

Good ideas !! My shifter lighting works intermittently and I also forgot to mention that I got a new parking brake switch to install. Hopefully that will cure my red brake light which stays on. My mirror and lock switches stopped working after getting a good bit of water on the drivers floor. I'm sure I have some splice issues to correct. The car never sits outside anymore, so I guess I can tackle the leak issue a little later. Now all I have to do is wait for spring.

Guest ReattaFan1

Im glad to see that I have encouraged others to clean up their Reattas. It's fun really. Im quite pleased the way it's turned out. Now that the interior is nearly finished I plan on moving to the exterior. But that can wait. Gotta build up the funds. I may be starting work with a prior company soon. Just waiting on the call.

Guest re-reatta

The steering wheel doesn't look too bad. I thought about maybe painting it with the SEM vinyl paint, as well as some of the sun faded panels.

Dynamat sound deadener will reduce road noise. Look for replacement fasteners for the door panels. I'm talking about the ones the plastic nails go into. If they are split they do not hold the nails as tight as they should. Reinforce any cracked or missing door panel brackets using fiberglass mesh and epoxy.