is it wrong to own a Cadillac?

64R

Anybody here have a Cadillac in their collection? Or are we Buick guys against that sort of thing like the Mopar or no car guys would be? :D

The reason I ask is I just picked up a great big ole land yaucht, 76 Eldorado convertible and was wondering if there was a decent forum for that sort of car.

Heck no.

I know a few ROA members who own a Caddy so its not uncommon. I've had 3 or 4 over the years most recent one being a 67 Eldo that I ended up selling to another ROA member!

Good to know, wouldn't want to be shunned here :D

Besides being an ROA and BCA member because I own a 1992 Riviera, I'm also a Cadillac & LaSalle club member because I own 2000 and 1999 Eldorados.

I think there might have been some cross breeding...didn't one of the current Buick models come with a Northstar engine in it for awhile?

I think there might have been some cross breeding...didn't one of the current Buick models come with a Northstar engine in it for awhile?

The Oldsmobile Aurora had a version of the Cadillac Northstar but is was not exactly the same.

I have had a bunch of Caddys. In fact, in High School, I had my current '64 Riviera and a '69 Cadillac DeVille Convt.

Dave,

The Buick Lucerne with 4 "venti-ports" has a Cadillac Northstar under the hood. It was also used in some of the last versions of the Pontiac Bonneville. The Oldsmobile version of the Northstar was the Aurora V8 at 4.0L instead of 4.6L. The "newer" GM 3.6 V6 is used throughout the corporation started as a CTS engine.

Tim

Of course there is nothing wrong with owning a Cadillac, especially if its a '67-'76 Eldorado! In addition to my '65 GS Riv, I own a '68 Eldorado.

I've long admired the design of this car, another masterpiece of design from the Bill Mitchell days.

My four favorite GM cars of the era are the '63-'67 Corvette, the '63-'65 Riviera, the '67-'68 Eldorado, and the '66-'67 Riviera, all which are recognized as milestone designs. The Eldorado is not as sporting as the other three, but is roomier, and can't be beat in the snow, with its massive weight and Front Wheel Drive! Another plus is you can put a full size beer cooler on the flat floor due to the absence of a transmission and driveshaft tunnel.

I've been playing around with it a bit trying to sort out some of the bugs. I've always liked the design of these Eldos but one thing I don't like is all the external plastic bits. They don't really sit right as plastic is prone to distortion. Also the doors, when you close the doors on my 64 Riv it sounds like a new Benz, these have that trashy rattling sound.

But it is fun, looking forward to some summer weather :D

When my '64 gets here, she and my T-Bird are going to have a cat fight on who gets the garage. As long as they get along eventually and don't do sneaky things like let the air out of each others' tires or shove potatoes in tailpipes I'll be happy.

Those 'Birds can be right jealous - especially of an early Riv!

-BEPNewt

Guest Riviera_Rob

So long as the wife doesn't know, its OK! ;)

Been a Chevy Man all my life (Camaros and Impalas), and now I jumped to Buick, just picked up a 64 Rivi and I'm loving it! I've been eye balling early to mid 60's Caddys for years now........ and I plan on having one soon, real soon!

Years ago I went European....... that Porsche 911 was hot, loved it and would really like to have another. My Jeep YJ is a cross breed with a Chevy heart. Bottom line, I just really like this stuff. If i'm a Dog..... then Bark Bark!! :D

Whats that old saying...... oh yeah...... Variety is the Spice of Life! ;)

Gotta love it...... it's all Good!!!! :D :D :D