1938 BANTAM HEADLIGHTS,GUAGES,ECT

Guest zombieman

Guest zombieman

ANY HELP??? I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD SET OF BANTAM HEADLIGHTS,EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLES AND NEED A GOOD GAUGE CLUSTER...ANY HELP??

Guest zombieman

THANKS!!! I AM AWARE OF THE CLUBS...WAS HOPING AN AACA MEMBER MAY HAVE SOME HANGING AROUND...THE HEADLIGHTS WERE MADE BY STABILITE...ALSO NEED SOME SCRIPT HUBCAPS OR ANY CLUES TOWARDS REPROS.

Guest zombieman

Thanks, i have the lenses but i will try to call you this week and maybe you might have something close to the correct lights.

• 6 months later...
Guest orphanbaby

Bantam headlight buckets are extremely rare...nobody will have a set hanging around, believe me. They generally sell for between $200 and $400 each. Lenses go for around $100 each. The buckets were built of spun metal...they cannot be stamped because the front lips dip in and do not allow the mold to be pulled out. A small chrome trim ring is pressure fit to the rim, not screwed. Lenses slide in horizontally, and then are flipped vertically once they pass the rim, and are held in place with springs. The good news is that an American Austin Bantam Club member recently produced a small run of reproduction Bantam headlight buckets. I don't know if he has any left or not. But you will find the American Austin Bantam Club News editors very helpful, and the few dollars you spend for dues will solve so-o-o-o many problems trying to track down resources. Start at www.austinbantamclub.com.

• 2 months later...
Guest drewbhelge

Headlight buckets for Bantam were created a few years ago, and he did have some this summer. They were spun - they are rough and need to be smoothed - but, that is all we have to work with.

I responded to you in March, you answered in June - and I just found you again - I am in Kansas. I would join either of the two clubs (or both). That way you can connect with folks that do have parts - now, will they let go of them - that is the question.