Young Leanardo drivin a 55 Special

MrEarl

Still snow on the ground so just layin around on the ol davenport watchin some movies.

Leonardo DiCaprio has starred in a couple of good Buick flicks. One with a 55 Special in a lot of scenes. Lots of hard driving. Great movie. This Boys Life.

This Boy's Life (1993) - IMDb

IMCDb.org: 1955 Buick Special Riviera Hardtop Coupe [46-R] in "This Boy's Life, 1993"

Another he was in and drove a '54 was Revolutionary Road.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest Silverghost

Mr.Earl:

We would never have believed that you, of all people here, were a closet Leonardo DiCaprio fan !

;-)

Confession:

I watch movies mostly for the old cars too !

Have you had any time to inspect your latest western US Buick project ?

What condition is the power-train in ?

What period speedshop performance bolt-ons have you planed to use on this great project ?

I would love to find an early 50s Buick Convertible that is in driver condition, or one that has a clean body & interior but needs mechanical work~~~

A Roadmaster rag-top is #1 on my wish list !

Edited by Silverghost (see edit history)

Actually I thought his acting was pretty good in both movies especially This Boys Life. Would I have watched either had it not been for the Buicks? Probably...Oh oh, guess that does make me a Dicrapio fan ...

Yea Bob. the ending was pretty rough. but that kitchen scene was alright...

Guest tolstoinut

In the Godfather there is a quick drive by of a black 53 buick special. I think it is after Al Pacino picks up his wife Kay after Sonny gets killed. I drove one of these back in the seventies. It was a great car untill you had to stop quickly. Pump, Pump ,Pump, Ahhhhh !Greg in Maine

Guest 53Nailhead
"Still snow on the ground so just layin around on the ol davenport watchin some movies."

Gee Willikers, Mr Earl, I didn't think anyone under 65 or from anywhere north of Tampa knew what a davenport was....... Cheers, Jim

I was on the Chesterfield.......:D here we go again:rolleyes: