need some help with international harvester years (part 3)

Guest diamondinthewoods

Guest diamondinthewoods

I know all these trucks are IHs but I know roughly what years but my research keeps giving me different years for the series of the trucks

This one I don't know to much about

100_1376.jpg

I would put it a touch later in the 70's. Looks like what IH called a Traveller not to be mistaken for a Travelall which was the size of a Suburban. This appears to have a short cab with a cap installed which is different than a Scout. Be VERY careful with these vehicles as rust was their middle name.

We owned a 73 Travelall and could not stay ahead of the rust, Ziebart and all. It was a heck of a tow vehicle though.

It is not an International Scout Traveler, although it's about the closest thing to it. It is an International Scout Terra, which is a Traveler that originally only had the cab enclosed (basically making it a mini-pickup). The fiberglass top to the Traveler was much different than this, with a much larger window and lines that are better integrated into the body. This vehicle has an aftermarket cap on the Terra pickup bed.

Both vehicles were Scout II models that were extended 18" behind the doors. It's interesting how obvious this modification is in the photo. I wonder if this might have been a home-made job cut-and-pasted out of an original Scout II.

The Scout Terra was made from 1976 to 1980.

Edited by Dave@Moon
typo (see edit history)