need help ... missing parts

Guest buckfarmer

Guest buckfarmer

Hi, its been a bit i've been on the forum.

I have a 1930 model 57 that I am missing a few things on.

I need a front pasengers side leaf spring as mine is broken

Also need a the horn button and levers in the center of the steering wheel as these are missing on my car

I also need to repair spare tire wells, does anyone know of a place to purchase replacement wells??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Neil

Edited by buckfarmer
model # incorrect (see edit history)

Neil, from what I can remember, Buick did not make a Model 67. you may want to check Model # again, or it could be my mind is failing, I'm getting old.

Dana

Guest buckfarmer

Thanks Mark, for your offer to help.

I have a '31-67 chassis as well, but the springs don't match. The ones on the '31-67 are smaller then the '30-57. I think it is because the 31-67 is series lower then the 30-57 and a smaller car??? Not really sure.

As for the steering wheel controls, I believe that I need three levers and a button (spark, throttle, lights and horn). I not sure what mine is supposed to look like because it is completely missing and lost by the previous owner. But in the 1930 reference manual it shows three handles and a button. I think that the '31 has auto adjust spark, so it doesn't have a spark lever. Anyone please advise me if I am wrong, I am just starting to learn about these cars.

Thanks again,

Neil

In 1930 the 60 series was the equivalent of the 90 series in 1931. Actually they share most of the same body parts. The 1930 50 series shares much of the same running gear with the 60 series with the exception that it is on a shorter wheelbase. What this all leads to is the fact that the 1930 series 50 is a far different animal from the 1931 series 50. To the best of my knowledge the 1931 series 50 was considered to be a replacement for the Marquette and thus there is little that will interchange between them.

Thanks,

Guest buckfarmer

I checked the measurements of the spring this morning. It measures 1-7/8" wide, 37-1/8" long and takes a 5/8" bolt.

Thanks Neil

Neil,

This is the steering centre from a 1930 40 Series.

Bob's Automobilia sells some parts ( metal levers and base but no Bakelite parts ). From his catalog it seems the Light switch lever and Column stationary bracket are the same for both Master ( 50 Series ) and Standard ( 40 Series ).

The Distributor and Throttle levers are different between Master and Standard series.

This probably means the Bakelite parts are the same for both Series.

post-31244-143138415936_thumb.jpg

A quick look at the parts book looks like the 40 series numbers are different than the 50-60 numbers for the control rings. No pictures available, but I think that is the same part you are showing. There are inner and outers listed and big and small series have different part numbers.

• 1 month later...
Guest Eaton Springs

In 1930 Buick used 3 different front springs. Depending on the Model and frame number. All were 2 inches wide, all 11 leaf and all 37.125 long. Give us a call we can make them for you. 1-313-963-3839 - Mike

Guest mclbuick2002

!930 -40 series front springs were 10 leaf close to 36"

1930-60 series front springs were 12 leaf close to 38" long

As I did the body off restorations on the 2 original cars in my shop I am sure I am right.

The bakelight rings on 40 are smaller than the 50/60 series. The 40 are 3 1/2 " outside while the 50/60 are 4"

I have a full spare set of 1930 47 springs .

If you need a front spring for larger series don't waste your time looking for one . A good spring shop can make one if you have a pattern

Stan

• 4 months later...
Guest uprrstand

Hello, my name is Steve. and I have bought a couple of 1930 Buick parts cars just lately, One is a series 50 coupe, and does have a far amount of parts on it, the parts are larger than the series 40. Dont know if you need any more parts as you might have already found them? steve.versteeg@frontier.com.

Guest uprrstand

did you get the picture i sent you? My car also has what looks to be and original rumble step bracket still bolted to the bumper support are, looks unique. Im still trying to disasemble the car completely but a slow process as not to damage any of the parts, some are very fragile. Also a fixable luggage rack to.

• 3 weeks later...