Sticker Shock

Guest billybird

Guest billybird

Today I rode through a Ford dealership lot and saw a truck I liked. I was shocked! F-350 single rear wheels, FX package,diesel. 59,800 bucks. Buyimg is the furthest thing from my mind as I have a 08 F-450 dually diesel. I have been complaining about my payment but believe I'll shut up after seeing that today. A family member got me employee pricing on mine is the only way I bought it. I mean, whats up with these prices? I got a letter from where I bought mine saying they wanted to buy my truck for used inventory as there was a great demand for these trucks used, in good shape. After seeing those prices today, I see why! Forgive me if this should be on the towing forum. Anybody else been comatose lately due to truck prices?

Yep. Putting 25% down on a new 4WD Tahoe LS (the "base" model) with trailer towing & nothing else, payment still over $550/month for 5 years @ 3.29%, even with a $2000 rebate. To add injury to insult, if you want a red one you have to ante up another $395 (sticker price). Holy cow...

The only vehicle I've ever bought brand new in my life is my 1999 Chevy crewcab dually. I had some stock money burning a hole in my pocket and ordered it optioned exactly the way I wanted (454, 4x4, and every option on the sheet except block heater). I'm approaching a quarter million miles and just recently put a new trans in it. A brand new 454 in a crate from GM is about $4K, which is a lot less than a new truck - plus it doesn't have all the electronic nanny equipment on it that the new trucks have. I think I'll be keeping this one for a long time. Maintenance is still less expensive than car payments.

I know where you guys are coming from. I Ordered a Ford Diesel Dually fully loaded in 05. Same deal I got employee pricing sold a big block vette I hated and put that entire amount down. I originally bought it as a work truck. It never saw work and went right in a heated garage. It just cost too much to replace. So 6 years later I'm still nursing the truck I bought it to replace. Now I think that has to go so I'm looking at buying a 10 year old diesel with hopefully less than 200,000 miles as a work truck for 10,000. That even sounds crazy.

Just think I only paid 60K for my little house in 2002. Hard to believe a truck stickers for just about as much.

My story sounds the same. I priced a new Ford F-350 crew cab dually in 2004 and a standard model was $40.000 belive it or not. The dealer had a nice one owner V10 30.000 mile unit on the lot for $20.000 so I bought that one. Six years later I only have 55.000 miles on her. Great tow vehicle but only gets 9 mpg pulling a trailer. It's a keeper.

well when you know who keeps telling the treasury dept to keep printing more and more money, trying to fix what money won't fix. when the dollar keeps going down in value, it's take alot more of it to buy something. i know i'll never be able to buy a new truck or car, my 2000 buick park avenue ultra has over 240,000 miles, still runs and shifts strong, when the time comes, i'll put in another engine and trans. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor., p.s. hey, H.G.Wells, can we use your time machine for alittle while ?

Guest Jim_Edwards
Mine, too....why would I pay that for a vehicle?

I'd love to buy a new truck of any nature for the $16,500 I paid for the first house in North Dallas, which was a 3 bdrm, 2 bath brick house with central air and heat and a 2 car garage.

Jim