What's a better truck: Ford, Chevy, or Dodge?

Guest jumpinjivinjoe

Guest jumpinjivinjoe

Which brand of truck do you think is best and why (between 1965-1980)? I have a 1969 ford f-250 and I love it despite it's quirks. But some people I know swear by Chevy's. There seems to be either Chevy truck people or Ford truck people (and the occasional Dodge truck people).

Dodge for me. Driven Fords...too bouncy and the front ends tend to squeak after a while. Driven Chevrolets...sucked waaaaay too much fuel. For a while there, Chevy trucks had a hood that tended to bend at the hinges. LOVE my little Dodge A100 compact pickup and I can pull or haul anything I will ever have. Just sayin' from my own experiences. I know Ford guys and I know Chevy guys and they all rave about "their" make of truck. I don't believe that there is any proof anywhere that will tell you which make is best of ALL trucks (or at least the ones in your post title). I have had other very dependable Dodge trucks, also.

post-37352-143138401042_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidhill

I like the ford but that don't mean there is anything wrong with dodge, it's a matter of what fits you. Take them both for a long test drive and see what you like, not just a five minute drive cuz you will start to notice comfort after an hour or so!!

Good Luck!! :)