1931 Dodge Brother trip/visit

keiser31

Guest Knucklebuster

I hope the best for your family. Your entire trip, even the rushing home to be with a loved one, is an inspiration.

I really wish I had payed more attention to this thread. I am from Ada OK and now live by OKC. Would have been great to have met you both.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone that posted well wishes for our trip as well as the condolances for our Dad's passing.

Everywhere we went we were treated like king & queen, and I'd like to thank everyone for the hospitality we received. At this time I would like to especially thank the Dodge Bros & sisters :

John & Linda Campbell, Marysville WA

Bill & Debbie Fastenow, Sandy OR

Mario & Judy Dow, Mulino OR

John & Cherrie Keiser, Phoenix OR

Joe Sr. & Joe Jr. Ambrose, San Diego CA

Really enjoyed seeing all their Dodge Bros.cars.

There was a lot of other very nice people that we met along out trip, but only listed the above as this is a DB site.

Joe Ambrose suggested he would like to drive his Dodge up to Canada to visit us. We look forward to that and to anyone else that would come to visit.We would return the hospitality, especially to those who would drive a DB car!

In answer to some questions--I am running Coker tires & tubes (650 x 16). Maybe I should be using the heavy tubes that Joe suggested because of all the flats we had.

MidTNDawg was asking about the OD & I would send him some pictures if I had his email.

Because we were impressed with Route 66, we are already planning to drive the whole thing. We plan on driving our car to Detriot in 2014,then leaving Chicago area in October and heading SW on the route.

Note: Our email address has changed since the roster came out. It is :

g.wasmuth@yourlink.ca

Glen & Edna Wasmuth

Edna and Glen, glad to see you made it home from the Ultimate DB adventure. I was very sorry to hear of your father's passing-- it was comforting to know you were able to return in time to see him before he did. Losing a parent really knocks the wind from your sails.

I am so pleased that you two were able to make us a part of your trip. I now know that the old Dodge should have no problem making the trip to Canada. I am not as brave as you, however. Living in San Diego gives you thin blood not well suited for cold weather in an open car (as John Keiser's Mom recently learned). So I will definitely go in the Spring or Fall! Joe

post-54582-143138486306_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Final Leg of the 31 DB trip/ visit.

June 17<SUP>th , </SUP>2011—Left home in the Suburban with our daughter & son-in-law & 3 grandkids. Arrived in Waconia, MN June 18<SUP>th</SUP> to find our 31 where we left it Feb 21/11 safe & sound & the combi-camp –snow free!

We want to thank Loren & Muriel Zieroth for the use of their garage for that time.

<O:p</O:p

June 19<SUP>th</SUP> , Left Waconia at 9AM , heading to the “25th Annual Intern’l DB Club Meet " in <ST1:p<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:City w:st=</st1:City>Moline, <st1:State w:st="on">IL</st1:State></ST1:p with the suburban following us and the grandkids taking turns riding in the 31. Arrived at the campground in E.Moline 5PM- 400 miles. After setting up the Combi-camp & 2 tents, drove to the Sandy Creek Inn to register for the DB meet.

June 20 -24<SUP>th</SUP> Enjoyed “The Great River Road Tour” , renewing acquaintances and meeting new DBer’s.

We want to thank the committee for the great job and special thanks to Sandy Perry for all their hard work arranging the tours ,etc. Glen especially enjoyed the John Deere Combine Factory tour, seeing how & where our combine was built. Edna & daughter & kids enjoyed the tour of the immaculate Deere family homes of the past- now tourist attractions. The grandkids had lots of fun also.

June 25<SUP>th</SUP>, Left Moline at 6:30am -- homeward bound. Drove through <ST1:p<st1:State w:st="on">Wisconsin</st1:State></ST1:p to deliver a 1928 Graham Paige front bumper to a fellow in <ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Ridgeway</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">MN</st1:State></ST1:p. Bought the bumper at a neighbour’s auction sale—the story being told that the car had gotten stuck and horses were brought in to pull it out, but ended up pulling the bumper off!!

At this time the rest of our family were getting impatient & they headed for home, pulling the combi-camp behind the suburban, leaving us on our own once again. We arrived back in Waconia at 7:30 pm.—412 miles

Rest to follow--<O:p</O:p

Saga continued:

June 26th- thanks again to the Zieroth's for the great accommodations.

We drove through Minneapolis (horror's) to the NE side to visit with Eldon & Joan Frisk. Eldon showed us his 31 Dodge, which is mostly original and saw several original parts that are still needed for our car. Saw many other nice cars, not to mention they were Fords !! Enjoyed our visit and left about 4:30pm, arriving in Fergus Falls, ND for the night -- 224 miles.

June 27th - Fergus Falls to Rosenort, Manitoba. (Canada) -- 307 miles

June 28th - Rosenort to Aneroid, Saskatchewan -- 552 miles.

The weather is starting to get warm.

June 29th - Aneroid to Home --259 miles. Checked the weather before heading out & the forecast was for 90F, so we stocked up on ice put in small baggies in the cooler. The car vapor locked 5 times , so the ice came in handy to put on the fuel pump.

Total miles travelled since leaving home with the 31 -- 9411 miles.

Travelling through 15 States & 4 Provinces.

Checked the compression with the engine still hot, also checked the valves for clearance after the car had cooled down, did a few adjustments. Changed the oil & greased, filed & adjusted the points.

All ready for the next trip !!!

post-63263-143138610022_thumb.jpg

post-63263-143138610024_thumb.jpg

post-63263-143138610025_thumb.jpg

post-63263-143138610027_thumb.jpg

post-63263-143138610029_thumb.jpg

post-63263-14313861003_thumb.jpg

Glen,

Thought I would add a little. The Graham-Paige bumper made it to its new home in Michigan. It will be attached to an all original 1929 Graham-Paige 837, the owner was delighted to get it. I had to drag it through Iola in the 95+ temp to deliver it. The bumper will now replace the 1927 Packard bumper that looked way out of place but was the only thing he could find that was wide enough.

It was great meeting you and your wife, hope to see you again!

Graham Man