Heater core

Guest Deke

I would recommend that you take your old heater core out, take it to a good radiator shop, and ask them to recore it for you. That will ensure all dimensions and heater hose connection tubes are the correct length for your specific car.

You can find one on ebay if you have a non A/C car. A/C cars (working or not) take a different core with longer tubes as Jim mentions above. I can't say how these fit non A/C cars, as mine has air and I know these won't fit cars with A/C from experience. Take Jim's advise above.

I agree with Jim's post above, about getting your original heater core re-cored by a good radiator shop.

The "new" heater cores available today are imported, and are very poor quality when it comes to the weight of the metal used to make the tanks and the inlet and outlet tubes. You are very likely to develop a leak in a very short time from vibration and minor flexing, where the tubes join the tank on one of these current, new cores. This can happen even from the "stress" that can occur when sliding (wiggling) the heater hoses on the tubes.

This info is based on personal experience AND the info I received from a radiator shop owner (who I totally trust), who has been in the business for nearly 60 years. He says that all of the current, imported heater cores are very marginal, when it comes to tank and tube metal quality. With the hassle involved in installing the Riv heater core, you don't want to be repeating this job any sooner than you have to! Best, John