Photo (& Link) Without Comment 1/5/11

Dave@Moon

Hi,

Thanks for posting this.

It looks a little FIAT to me.

They are built there under license.

Not surprising if it is, in fact, a ZAZ. The ZAZ 965 looks EXACTLY like a Fiat 600 however the ZAZ people deny any link. (or at least they did at the time of production). I was hoping one of the Russian car experts on here would weigh in on it.

Guest Skyking
I'm still trying to figure out which would be worse to deal with, those tires or the bad wheels on a Wal-Mart shopping cart. :P

I'd say the shopping carts, especially if you are pushing them in the snow.:eek:

Not surprising if it is, in fact, a ZAZ. The ZAZ 965 looks EXACTLY like a Fiat 600 however the ZAZ people deny any link. (or at least they did at the time of production). I was hoping one of the Russian car experts on here would weigh in on it.

It's not a ZAZ. ZAZ never made a rear engine 4 door sedan.

It took me 2 days to find it, because the car isn't Russian. It's Czech. The car is a Skoda 100.

?koda 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B30957.jpg

Are we sure the photo was taken in Russia? The lettering on the store front is not Russian. I was thinking perhaps Rumania, they do strange things with cars there.

I did a search on the name of the cafe in the photo, Cafe' Slechta, and came up with information that it is in Prague, Czech Republic.

http://prague.tv/prague/dining/restaurants-cafes/cafe-slechta:4140

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

It's not a ZAZ. ZAZ never made a rear engine 4 door sedan.

It took me 2 days to find it, because the car isn't Russian. It's Czech. The car is a Skoda 100.

?koda 100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

B30957.jpg

Dave, I do believe you are right. I let myself get tunnel vision when it was identified as Russian. Combine that with the above statement that the shop is also Czech and it all makes sense!! Thanks for spending the time to find it. Oh and by the way, if it is a 100, it likely is older than 1976!!!

Edited by DAVE A (see edit history)

Originally Posted by jdome viewpost.gif

It looks like an OAK-land to me.

I was thinking "Woods Mobilette".

Actually I think the Fiat-like appearance should have been a tipoff. The new Chrysler management has decided to re-introduce the Dodge Aspen. A green version.:D

didn't the original Aspen have biodegradeable front fenders?

The whole front clip on my dad's 1977 Aspen had to be replaced to pass PA state inspection when the car was 9 months old. It was replaced by Chrysler (before the recall), but my dad had to install it and paint it himself.:mad:

Come to think of it, the less than 1 year old car with Earl Sheib semi-gloss metallic green paint would go nicely with these custom wheels. I wonder if they had a darker woodgrain version to match the dashboard.:confused: