Hood ornament repair/restoration.

pepstrebeck

Can anyone please reccomend a shop for the repair and restoration of a 1931 Buick hood ornament. Not just replating or pits, but an actual break. Here is the best shot "I" have of the hood ornament. This is for my brothers car. You can just get in touch with me through a Private Message. Any help or leads would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

2004oldcarfestivalGreenfieldVillage0021.jpg

Guest Darryl

Hi John,

There is a shop in North Hollywood, CA. that specializing in repair of small parts for classic and antique cars. They weld all metals and repair pitts. I had my 1923 Buick rear window ring, which is pot metal and broken in half, repaired by them and was very happy with the results.

The name is: Classic Welding and Repair

8235 Lankershim Blvd., Unit M

N. Hollywood, CA 91605

818-771-0602

Darryl,

Thanks for the lead. I will definitly put them on the list to call. I had also posted this topic up in the General Discussion forum and got some other leads as well. I was also given the American Arrow website, beautiful reproductions, great detail. Thanks again, if anbody else has anyone they would reccomend for this kind of repair, please let me know, any and all help is appreciated.

Guest Hayman

John,

I'm in the process of having a 30/31 Hood ornament repaired at this time, Mine is the FTD man holding globe, It should be completed soon, this is a extra that i had, it had a old repair on the leg, some pitting also. Its in a small shop here in WA. I will let you know the results.

Dana

1930 Buick

Model 68

Now this brings up a somewhat related question (at least for me) for you Buick guys: Is the mascot Hermes or is it Mercury? I always thought and believed that it was Hermes.

Dana, Please let me know how the masot turns out for you. I will send you a PM so you can contact me directly, thanks.

Guest Tishabet
Now this brings up a somewhat related question (at least for me) for you Buick guys: Is the mascot Hermes or is it Mercury? I always thought and believed that it was Hermes.

Mercury and Hermes are essentially the same guy, Hermes is Greek and Mercury is Roman.