31 Hup Coupe Project

lynch_man

[ATTACH]74021[/ATTACH]Hello all, New to this site here! I just obtained a 1931 Hupmobile 2 door coupe with rumble. I am starting the slow restoration process. This car is amazingly complete and just about rust free!! Dean motivated me with the amazing job on his 29 Hup sedan.

post-72664-143138518632_thumb.jpg

Edited by lynch_man (see edit history)

Guest Dean_H.

Oh wow! What a nice looking coupe. Appears to be in decent condition too. I'd say - don't start a 'slow' restoration, do the fast option. :-) ...just kidding.

Thanks for posting a pic, Hupp sure made some beauties.

I am VERY lucky that it is all complete. Truth be known I didn't know who Robert Hupp was until a week before I got the car! But now I am very happy I didn't go the Model A route. I have finally sent my membership to the Hup Club and hoping to meet some other folks in the area and eventaully more at a national meet. But for now just knowledge is my #1 goal....

I am VERY lucky that it is all complete. Truth be known I didn't know who Robert Hupp was until a week before I got the car! But now I am very happy I didn't go the Model A route. I have finally sent my membership to the Hup Club and hoping to meet some other folks in the area and eventaully more at a national meet. But for now just knowledge is my #1 goal....

You will love the legroom in the Hupmobile....way more than in a Model A. I was not so sorry to give up my 1928 Ford A pickup/flatbed after remembering that I was chewing on my kneecaps trying to get in. I'm only 5'-8", but they are tight. My '31 Dodge coupes are a lot like the Hupmobile...loads of room.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest mustangeddie390

we just bought hup coupe and know very little about them this looks like what we have the body number is M311 1687, the man we got it from wasnt even sure of the year it was. Thought you might could help us out on getting some info on it.

we just bought hup coupe and know very little about them this looks like what we have the body number is M311 1687, the man we got it from wasnt even sure of the year it was. Thought you might could help us out on getting some info on it.

Photos...we need to see it.

Guest mustangeddie390

this is the number placed on the firewall on the pass side and also a pic of the dash

post-75860-143138551379_thumb.jpg

post-75860-143138551381_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest Dvernon372
[ATTACH]74021[/ATTACH]Hello all, New to this site here! I just obtained a 1931 Hupmobile 2 door coupe with rumble. I am starting the slow restoration process. This car is amazingly complete and just about rust free!! Dean motivated me with the amazing job on his 29 Hup sedan.

Hi,

I think your car is great. I purchased a 31 sedan and am in the process of restoration. I have an odd question for you. Do you still have the car? My reason for asking is I am looking for a few parts and have had a response posting the same picture of your car and since I saw this pic, I'm thinking it's a scam. If you could confirm this, it would be great. Thanks.

While I love Hups I also love my 1930 Ford Model A. You get more for your money with the Hup but what you don't get is the ability to ring anyone of a hundred parts houses and get the exact part you require delivered to you within days . The only parts I can think of not being reproduced currently for the A is a gearbox housing and diff housing ! Makes running a Model A cheap and easy and hence popular ! Karl