Oil pump gears 1930 pres 8 FE

Looking for oil pump gears for a 1930 Pres FE. The gear I have has too much play at the key way. Has anyone repaired their gears with new keyway or know where some gears maybe obtained. Thanks for the help.

Stumax

Stumax; Years ago a fella in southern Cal. used to sell repo oil pump housings and the gear sets. Lionel Stone. A couple of years back he was in a serious car crash, I don't know if he still is doing anything. If he is still doing the housings I would buy one of his bronze housings and get rid of the pot metal one for your FE Pres.

Looking for oil pump gears for a 1930 Pres FE. The gear I have has too much play at the key way. Has anyone repaired their gears with new keyway or know where some gears maybe obtained. Thanks for the help.

Stumax

Ask on the Studebaker Forum (the other one) about who bought out the Lionel Stone business. If i remeber correctly one person bought the speed equip half and another the rest.

Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

I received the following from Lionel Stone's daughter

Robert,

Do you know John McCall? Please contact him as he has purchased most of the pre-war inventory. Let him know I referred you to him. His work number is:

(816) 765-6103.

The following is my comment

John is not prompt in answering or processing parts request ,so please have patience.

Do not loan him samples , more than likely they will not be returned.

Robert Kapteyn.

Edited by rbk
Added explanation (see edit history)

Robert

John does not work at Dons shop anymore. I let John use my space at hershey and he had the gears there. He is in Conn now. I have his cell number but that is only a 1 in 30 chance he'll ever answer. If I hear from him I'll tell him ti check this forum.

Rex