Sign in to follow this  
Dave Henderson

Will this one stump you?

Didn't Stan Arnolt have some Arnold-Bristols made in Italy? That looks like the grill on some of those, but the back half looks different. I know that most of his were roadsters, but I do know that he had a few coupes styled in Italy. If it is one of those coupes, there were only a handful made.

Hard to tell what size it is. It has the look of a Lancia Aurelia. But then if it is small maybe it is a Fiat 100-based Cisitalia. Aurelia is of course V6-powered and worth a lot of money. Cisitalia - smaller (4 cyl ohv) and a little less valuable depending on rarity. Looks like a big project whatever it is.

I'm going with Lancia, more than likely the Aurelia -- but I always liked the Aprilia (sp?) (crs?)

Jim5618 nailed it with a picture of a slightly different variation of the marque, but otherwise, it's no cigar, though I have to admit some of your thoughts were logical. Here's a hint; the only thing it has in common with Lancia is its country of origin. Keep trying!

Here's a photo of a 1951 Siata 1400 with body by Farina. If it's not a Siata, possibly the body was done by Farina. - RICK

post-59657-14313839056_thumb.jpg

Edited by CarAdMan (see edit history)

Congratulations Ad Man, You get the seegar.

The car was a barn find. It is, in fact a Siata Daina 1400 Berlinetta with a hand formed aluminum body by Stabilimente Farina, Turin, Italy, ca '51. One identical to ours (could be the same one) ran in the first 12 hour Sebring race in 1952 and is pictured with a number 18 on the door. When ours was acquired the doors had been stripped and the surface was rusted, (doors were the only steel body section), so there was no chance to see if there had been a number on it. Car is co-owned by "Leadfoot" (Bill) Lightfoot of G class Bonneville speed fame, who was also a previous owner of the Ford V8 powered Siata which has since become known as "The Lightfoot Siata". Guess that makes this one Lightfoot Siata #II ! Thanks to all for participating. Dave. jrdshen@verizon.net

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)

Congratulations Ad Man, You get the seegar.

The car was a barn find. It is, in fact a Siata Daina 1400 Berlinetta with a hand formed aluminum body by Stabilimente Farina, Turin, Italy, ca '51. One identical to ours (could be the same one) ran in the first 12 hour Sebring race in 1952 and is pictured with a number 18 on the door. When ours was acquired the doors had been stripped and the surface was rusted, (doors were the only steel body section), so there was no chance to see if there had been a number on it. Car is co-owned by "Leadfoot" (Bill) Lightfoot of G class Bonneville speed fame, who was also a previous owner of the Ford V8 powered Siata which has since become known as "The Lightfoot Siata". Guess that makes this one Lightfoot Siata #II ! Thanks to all for participating. Dave. jrdshen@verizon.net

Now I'm upset. I thought it was a prototype for a Crossfire!!!