American Underslung article

caf

I was reading the excellent article on the Van Horneff American. I noticed that the bore and stroke dimensions did not compute to the C.U. displacement. A little research shows the bore to be 5 3/8 and the stroke to be 5 1/2. Just a tad more then 5X5. A very minor point, not to detract from a fine article. (don't you just hate nitpickers!)

The article, Ebert's artwork and great photography are in the latest issue of the Antique Automobile. This is just the type of stuff that makes the publication worth the dues even if you never do anything else with AACA.

Earlier this month Steve M. indicated there may be more to the story, hope to hear it either here or in a future issue.

Steve, the OP had no mention were the article was printed, that is why I asked. I've seen all the Deemer cars, one lives 30 minutes up the road friom me. The American Underslung is a fine car, but I'd rather have a 1912 Regal like the one my grandfather drove when it was new. Happy New Year!:D

Chuck funny...Bob, I thought you read ALL the pre-war articles! Happy New Year everyone...