1936 Chrysler Airstream C7 owners?

Guest 36airstream

I've recently have had trouble with the brakes on my 1936 Chrysler airstream. I found replacements on the internet, but they were the incorrect Chrysler used a 11' shoe on this car called a #98 they changed the design after WW2 and, they are not interchangeable. A gentleman in Michigan manufactures the correct ones for the pre war cars

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening:

I am located in Southern Oregon, and just had a 1936 Chrysler Airstream C7 Business Coupe delivered to me from Utah.

I saw the car advertised in Hemmings motor news back in November (last). Not seeing the car in person until it arrived made me a little nervous as to the real condition of the car. I have been really blown away by the original condition of this car. Other than the original color of car being changed, its never been touched. What really has me wondering is the original paint on the firewall and the inner trunk area is olive green (Drab). It’s definitely military!! All numbers match, and nothing seems to have been removed or added to the old girl. The mileage shows 34,060 miles. The interior is original. The underside of the chassis is incredibly nice. I would love to find out the history of where this car spent most of its life. The person I bought it from, found it somewhere in Montana. Any help with finding parts for future problems would would be greatly appreciated.

best regards 

Ray Johnson 

Grants Pass, Oregon 

87A7C6FD-91DC-4C1B-AA69-6D085C9EB1C0.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and you sure picked a great car! I live south of you in Phoenix, near Medford and would love to see your car. I will have to get out and up to Grants Pass. Go here to see the original color choices for your coupe. I see a couple of "Olive Drab" style colors there....http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1936-Chrysler-pg01.jpg

Great! Thanks for the reply. I will check out the link you attached.😃

I have been into cars since I was in the 7th grade (1966). This is my 1st Chrysler. I had a 1937 Plymouth 4Dr Sedan in high school.

paid $175.00. My main cars were Model A’s. Now days I am more comfortable with the cars in the mid 30’s. 

Ray 

Grants Pass 

Hello, My name is Mark my car is featured on you tube under 1936 Chrysler air stream.  Parts are difficult but not impossible to find  (example, tail light lenses and bezels not to mention brake shoes).  If it's not a model A or a 57 chevy no one wants to carry parts for other cars. I however do have some connections. If anyone wishes to contact me phone # is 407-390-9710

• Like 1

CAR FOX  There is a gentleman that makes the running board rubber mats they are not 100% authentic but, are a close copy also they are expensive. Also I would like an extra set of brake shoes and tail light lenses for my car. If anyone has any extras they wish to sell I'm interested. Phone # 407-390-9710 or 407- 495- 8169. Note I know a lot about this car, due to trial and error,  if anyone wants to call me feel free.  Maybe we can help each other. Mark

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Mark aka carfox  here. I have the 1936 Chrysler airstream featured on youtube as 1936 Chrysler blue at old town. I recently have been to Hershey 2019 searching parts for my car especially tail light bezels parts and lenses (they are as plentiful as gold in a silver mine) it seems hot rodders and motorcycle enthusiasts have scarfed up every one on the planet. If someone wants to sell you one, prepare to take  a second mortgage on your house. (check E-bay) they want $750.00 and that does not include shipping, and they are in unrestored condition. If anyone has any tail light parts extra to sell, please contact me at 407-390-9710

Edited by car fox
forgot a word (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi Mark here, aka as foxtail or car fox. I have a 1936 Chrysler airstream with most of the bells and whistles of that era. (including a working clock and radio) I am responding to this, since I noticed that one of the pictures shows a radio installed under the dash, although it is in the right place it is not the correct radio for this car the one I saw looks similar to a 37 ford radio. If anyone has questions about the radio,or the car contact me at 407-390-9710 or 407-495-8169 Note my car can be seen on you tube as 1936 Chrysler blue at old town.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys, new to this forum & loving looking through some of these older posts & all the pictures of the superb cars. Here’s my 36 C7 convertible coupe, RHD originally from South Africa & now living in the Uk, would love to know any production figures, particularly of RHD models. Cheers all

152DFE75-1A7A-4DAC-917E-AED751C144F4.jpeg

94096E28-2D75-4B23-AB54-2592260189A9.jpeg

7998ED26-C793-4B4B-899C-D60F30F95F57.jpeg

• 3 months later...

One of the toughest things to find is the 36 Chrysler cat eye lighter. I do have another tough thing to find are the original window cranks withe the plastic marble reddish and the plastic rings. might have a few starter solenoids. Love these cars as I've had 2 coupes and one 36 dodge coupe that I put a Chrysler overdrive trans in. bullet proof boxes.

Edited by 58 Speedster (see edit history)

On 11/15/2013 at 9:32 AM, Guest ferko said:

thanks for the hint..!!! yeap.. i found one old guy that will fix it for 100 bucks..... what i cant find is the passenger door.... right front one... any idea where i cna find it?? thanks.!!1

I have a set of all four that are as nice as the day they were made also many 36 Mopar parts