Mystery 1932 Packard Parts

idrjoe_sandiego

I am in the process of going through a bunch of boxes of parts that may or may not be connected to the 1932 Packard I am working on. This car came entirely in pieces and I am trying to put the puzzle back together. My Dad purchased it about 20 years ago, started the restoration, and then lost interest in the project. And here I am trying to finish it once and for all. The engine has been completely rebuilt and the bodywork is finished. The paint is done and 98% of the chrome work is complete. Now its a matter of getting a new wiring harness installed, finishing the upholstery and doing the final assembly. I was hoping some of you Packard experts could help me figure out a few of these mystery parts.

Picture 1 is a couple of small chrome pieces about 2" x 3/4".

Picture 2 is a bunch of plumbing I numbered 1-9.

#1 is a long spring-possible a protective conduit for wires or ?

#2 ??

#3+#4 I believe attach to the rear of the intake manifold

#5 ??

#6 Fuel line?

#7 Fuel line?

#8+#9 lines to Temp gauge or oil pressure gauge?

Picture 3 is a closeup of Tube #9

Picture 4 is a closeup of Tubes #1-#2-#3

I really appreciate your help getting another Packard back on the road.

Thanks a million, Joe

post-54582-143138387761_thumb.jpg

post-54582-14313838802_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138388046_thumb.jpg

post-54582-143138388057_thumb.jpg

Edited by idrjoe_sandiego (see edit history)

The first picture of 2" x 3/4 inch chrome pieces, appear to be similar to a the piece which would hold a door check strap. A check strap keeps the door from opening too wide, thus harming the hinges.

Check the front edge of the door wood and see if there are corresponding holes that match the spacing of these pieces.

Joe, the ends of the check straps are on the inside of the doors, I have no idea what number one goes to. The other parts appear to be parts of the bijur system, except item one, photo two. No idea on that. Do you need to know exactly where each part goes?...B

Picture 2:

8: looks like an oil line from union junction on right side to oil filter or from oil filter to crankcase

6: Looks like a partial vacuum line from manifold to connector on top of fire wall. On the other side the vacumm gets distributed to windshield wipers.

7: Is oil line that goes from the oil union on the right side of engine to connector on firewall. The other side of firewall the line goes to oil gauge.