Giselle Freres???

Guest sidney mehlschmidt

Guest sidney mehlschmidt

A Hungarian relative e-mailed me a picture of a car in front of the ancestral home. When I inquired as to the make of the vehicle, the response was a "Giselle Freres". Never having heard of such a brand, I googled it and came up with nothing. If anybody in the club has any information regarding this vehicle, I'd be most grateful to receive it. The picture is available upon request. Please contact me at roundfile6969@hotmail.com TIA

The gentleman had sent me a picture...it is an obvious pre-war car. I will try and post it. There is no record of a Giselle Freres or Giselle Brothers car in any of our research books.

I believe it's an Isotta-Fraschini. The radiator and headlamps have that look to them.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Laurent Friry

I think this car is a Sizaire Freres type 4RI, from the mid '20s.

Those cars were built in Courbevoie, a suburb of Paris, France, by Sizaire Freres (Sizaire brothers) a company founded by Maurice and Georges Sizaire.

The 4RI model had a 4 cyl. engine of 2 liter capacity.

sizaireFreres1922type4RI.jpg

250829_sizaire_frock.jpg

• 8 years later...

Good morning

Coming very late to the party, I can confirm that this car is a Sizaire. From the 1930 list of Hungarian vehicle owners here is an entry:

Number plate: Bp 24-116

Brand: Sizaire

Name of owner: Ferencz Melschmidt

Address: Pusztaalsoors

There were 17 Sizaire cars listed.

• Like 4

Name of original poster: sidney mehlschmidt

Thank you pnegyesi1973,

for showing the obviously direct relation of the vehicle to the individual posting the request

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pnegyesi1973 said:

Good morning

Coming very late to the party, I can confirm that this car is a Sizaire. From the 1930 list of Hungarian vehicle owners here is an entry:

Number plate: Bp 24-116

Brand: Sizaire

Address: Pusztaalsoors

There were 17 Sizaire cars listed.

I very impressed that this information has survived with all the turbulence (civil and in government) Hungary must have been through since 1930!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, Spinneyhill said:

I very impressed that this information has survived with all the turbulence (civil and in government) Hungary must have been through since 1930!

yes, especially the WWII years,

and then the Russian invasion and the terrible times of the 1950s and 1960s.

One of my dearest friends came to NJ from Budapest at that time of turmoil. Thankfully he and his family were unharmed, although they left all their worldly possessions behind to start a new life here in the USA.

Johnny was exceptionally good with his Post VersaLog sliderule, and together, we got to enjoy sports car "Time-Speed-Distance (TSD) rallying mostly in the Watchung mountains with the MG Car Club - NJ Centre.

He went on to become a leading force in the field of photo-voltaics and Solar Energy, and still lectures world-wide, and is still married for nearly 55 years to the girl to whom I introduced him.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1