Tell us your plans for the next few months !!

Guest nickdaytona

Guest nickdaytona

Now that Christmas is over it's time to think of more important things ...like getting the Riv ready for spring !!

After finding out that my '65 is really a 401 with a dual quad setup I'm free to mess with it without guilt, so I'm doing the following...

1. I'll be selling the twin 4 barrels as well as the intake and also the Super Wildcat twin snorkel air cleaner.

2. replacing it with a single 4-barrel setup .

3. Samco lowing kit going on ( Thanks , Torr ! )

4. get rid of the Riviera retail red paint job and paint it something more suitable ( badass )

5. Using the remainder of the $ for rims and rubber

Alright, everyone, what about you ???

Guest Roostriz

I'm in the same boat.

My 65 has a 64 401 from a fullsize w/ dual quads. I'm going to a single four and putting in a five speed stick.

Replacing part of the floor that is rotten, carpet, headliner. Probably lizard skin the interior.

New suspension bushings, stiffer springs and quicker ratio steering box.

Paint will probably be next year along with rim/tire setup.

At least this is the plan but you know how life goes....

Guest rsteere

Nick,

Don't feel bad, I bought a '64 last summer and found out it has a '65 425 with same transmission in it. I might have yours? This allows me to do some things my way too. I am in the middle of changing the interior from white to black. It will get a new exterior color when I figure out what flavor. They are still very nice looking and driving cars even if they are not all correct numbers matching.

Randy

Guest nickdaytona
I'm in the same boat.

My 65 has a 64 401 from a fullsize w/ dual quads. I'm going to a single four and putting in a five speed stick.

Replacing part of the floor that is rotten, carpet, headliner. Probably lizard skin the interior.

New suspension bushings, stiffer springs and quicker ratio steering box.

Paint will probably be next year along with rim/tire setup.

At least this is the plan but you know how life goes....

5 speed stick would be great !! how does one go about it?

Enquiring minds want to know ! ;-)

Guest Roostriz
5 speed stick would be great !! how does one go about it?

Enquiring minds want to know ! ;-)

Well I am in the intital stages.

Basically I am picking up an adapter setup for the bellhousing/flywheel.

I'm using a hydraulic clutch setup. A friend of mine builds dirt track cars and he is going to help fab the assembly. The clutch pedal will be a repo GM of some sort. Another member recommended a Camaro pedal but I have to check the measurements. I was originally going to find an Impala setup.

Driveshaft will have to be altered depending on the length with the adapter.

I'm not sure on modification to the transmission tunnel yet. It depends on which tranny I go with. I originally thought of a TKO but the cost is prohibative so I may just find something production to run. A t-56 would be cool but it is too big to be practical I think. I was thinking a World Class T-5 or 3550.

Guest Gee_Rydes

I'm gonna get off my lazy butt and finish my project Riv.

Wire harness is next. Interior is in bags just waiting. Wheels are coming.

Guest REX STALLION

My son and I have been chasing out the rust repairs done by a former owner, replacing fiberglass with steel. the floors are almost done and I have a rust free trunk section just in case the trunk is pooched as well. This should keep us busy for awhile .

I'm receiving the 65 GS that I bought in about two weeks. Will start to go through it, in preparation for a frame off restoration. I'll be taking my time on this one to do it right. First order will be to clean up the motor, go through it, and get it fired up before I pull the body off.

Finish rebuilding the oil system on my Turbo6 and see if I can find the leak in my SP400. Then I'll drop it back into the car and run the wiring just enough to see if that fixed the oil pressure problem.

After that I'll be turning down the wheel hubs to try to fit them into C3 corvette rotors and start mocking up my brakes.

If I get time it'll be starting the planning on reorganizing the accessory drive for the sanden compressor and relocating the engine as far back as possible in the bay.

I am underway. A squeaky U-Joint on a '60 with the enclosed drive shaft is a bit of a job. After the rear end rolls back the bottom gets detailed, new exhaust, and new tires to make it nice in Danvers, Ma. My daughter lives 30 miles away and informed me it is pronounced "Denvis".

I painted the Riviera around 1980 and it's due for a refreshing. Conversations were held on that project New Years Eve. It's a good year for Buicks in Brockport.

Rear%20Service%20032.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickdaytona

Got my Jamco lowering kit from Torr (Pyntre) and it was in as described condition ie. perfect !! . can't wait to install it . Torr has just put a bunch of excellent Riv stuff on Ebay so check it out !