Dandy Dave

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Hey Dave, want to take a road trip with that Buick snowbuster and come up here to Waterford? My trees are getting shorter.

A pox on this weather. I had my '48 Chevy out yesterday before the snows came, just to give it some exercise.

If you were only across the street Old 48 Truck. We were up around 40F today. Almost Speedo Weather. Dandy Dave!

Suppose to be -13F tomorrow night here. I did have to move another 2.5 inches of snow this morning. Dandy Dave!

They are saying -20 here tonight. I actually cleaned the garage and put my wife's truck and mine in the Garage. It's not heated but the diesel likes it a whole lot better. :)

Not only will your diesel like it better, you'll like it better too. A car's interior gets awfully cold when left outside in such temperatures. So even if you're garage isn't heated, getting into into your car will feel so much better.

That is funny Joe! :)

Only Rick Mercer can get away with that kind of humour. I especially love his political visits at Parlament Hill!

Conversely,

My Southern Indiana brother-in-law deals with a recent 6 inch snow fall, now living down near Gatlinburg, Tn this way;

post-36036-143142990741_thumb.jpg

He calls it his "Power Shovel" ......:confused:

I would never encourage anybody to move to Oregon, but it has been t-shirt weather here for at least a few hours every day this week.

I got my lawn mowed.

Even took the convertible for a spin.

A relative of mine can't understand why I come south for the winter and get out of New England. I guarantee her attitude changes when I get back. They got another storm yesterday and more coming tomorrow. My nephew told me he feels like he's living in a snow globe. High 70's today, 80 tomorrow.........

Its been a long, long winter. I stopped by my friend, Jack's house and he was pushing his wood chipper up the driveway and calling "Honey, I'm home!"

Bernie

I would never encourage anybody to move to Oregon, but it has been t-shirt weather here for at least a few hours every day this week.

I got my lawn mowed.

Even took the convertible for a spin.

We've had some mild weather most of winter across the river from you. There was a patch of frost on the roof of my car this morning.

I'm careful about encouraging anyone moving north to here. There are enough kooks in Portland. I wish there was a way to send them back.

Spring has been trying to come here but that Canadian Arctic air just keeps hammering us. Day time highs are suppose to be 45. Tomorrow is suppose to peek at 25 with an overnight low of 2. Reel feel of -11 . The 2 is good for a record if it happens. Old record was 4. I'm ready for a real spring thaw.

Returning from New Jersey for Dale's sister's funeral, we were in Fairfax, Virginia Friday night and awoke to serious flakes. Roads were relatively clear as we drove west on I-66 to Front Royal, and then south along I-81, but the ground was covered with a blanket of the white stuff until we were pretty far south. Thankfully there were no problems driving as we were in Dale's little Sebring convertible - the 4WD was at home in New Orleans.

Not much Snow to report here this year until now. It has been pretty much a snowless winter in this area. Looks like about three inches this morning. You folks south and east got way more than we have here just south of Albany, NY. The Buick Snow Master Super Shovel will ride again. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

I've only plowed twice until today.  one 4 inch cement mess and a couple of inches just to keep the driveway from becoming a sheet of ice from the snow getting packed.  We got about another 1.5 to 2 today.  Thankfully that's just inches and not feet like last winter.    There has been more to the north and much further south as Dave mentioned.  Our coldest air of the season is set to come in this weekend as well with -12 predicted. I was enjoying the weather we were having after the last 2 brutal winters.  It's nice ot go to the shop and get work done that doesn't involve heating or snow removal everyday like last year. 

On January 23, the snow-deficient winter suddenly

corrected itself.  Many towns around this part of

Pennsylvania received 28, 32, 33 inches of snow.

I heard of 38 inches of snow in one town.   I measured

35 inches of level snow in my back yard from that

single snowfall:

Note that there were "only" 32 inches when the

pictures were taken alongside a 1965 Chevrolet yardstick.

post-91841-0-94126900-1455028165_thumb.j

post-91841-0-59867400-1455028234_thumb.j

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Yard stick, good thing to use in SNOW.

I remember in the 40's dad's Buick dealership had special yard sticks with their name on such, and holes to hold the valves,  that kept them in order.

Man oh man, that's a lot of SNOW.

Dale in Indy

• Like 1

Another inch or two this morning. Wet and Heavy type. I pushed it off as it is suppose to get very cold this weekend and did not want the slush turning into ice. Ice makes it hard to maneuver on the hills around here. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

This year is the warmest winter I think we have had on record. With our coldest day of the year coming this Sat. at 3 F . Last week we had one day at 54 and have only had to plow my lane way out one time. Then all the snow was gone by the end of the week anyway. I may have to cut my grass in a week or two. LOL

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

Yard stick, good thing to use in SNOW.

I remember in the 40's dad's Buick dealership had special yard sticks with their name on such, and holes to hold the valves,  that kept them in order.

Man oh man, that's a lot of SNOW.

Dale in Indy

Dale, I remember those yardsticks. I would like to have one today.

Ben

Minus One.. -1 F. here this morning. Going to Minus Eleven by tomorrow. Buurrrrr. Wise old Injun Say. "Keep um fire in Tee Pee hot, and Squaws close."