Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Dandy Dave

We ended up with atleast 18 inches as measured on the hood of my truck.  I plowed once after about 16 inches with my 4 wheel drive tractor and 7 and 1/2 foot plow just incase we got alot more.  I like to wait until it's all done.  Probably a good thing I did.  we got another 6 inches of fluff afterward but when I went to plow down by the shed (where i hadn't plowed the day before)  the tractor was having a hard time even with loaded tires and chains on all 4 wheels.  

We had pretty much no snow on the ground and the banks were down to under a foot before this storm. 

Glad the sun is finally out today.  Never really came out yesterday to any real degree. 

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

12 hours ago, dei said:

Matt, Didn't want to press the like button so just wanted to say been there and done that in the ten years I ran a Chevy (Sorry, not a Buick). More than one 16 - 18 hour days of contract work when we got that kind of snow.

Not sure I could do it today.....

Everyone be safe out there.

LOL.. There's only one Buick Snow Master. Plowed with Fords, Chevy's and Dodge Trucks and they all do about the same thing. Then there's days that I ran heavy Iron like a 1957 657 series FWD with a Finke Snow and wing plow set up. Also Caterpillar and Allis Chalmers Bulldozers moving that white stuff. Dandy Dave!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

We ended up with atleast 18 inches as measured on the hood of my truck.  I plowed once after about 16 inches with my 4 wheel drive tractor and 7 and 1/2 foot plow just incase we got alot more.  I like to wait until it's all done.  Probably a good thing I did.  we got another 6 inches of fluff afterward but when I went to plow down by the shed (where i hadn't plowed the day before)  the tractor was having a hard time even with loaded tires and chains on all 4 wheels.  

We had pretty much no snow on the ground and the banks were down to under a foot before this storm. 

Glad the sun is finally out today.  Never really came out yesterday to any real degree. 

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

It's a good thing we did not have Ice under this snow or it would have been a lot harder to move it. This snow even made the "Buick Snowmaster Grunt just a little. Dandy Dave!  

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 9:16 AM, auburnseeker said:

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

Here is what we have now after the winter storm warning. I am a way north of you and thinking about having to cut my grass in the near future.

IMG_3699.JPG

• Like 1

Still digging out a bit here. Had to dig out the manure spreader and empty it in one of the fields. Had to shovel in front of the garage to get my Kawasaki Mule out so I could see how it went in the snow. Got it stuck and pulled it out with the tractor. Used the dogs to help blaze a path to the bird feeders to refill them. Ate lunch and took a nap. Another really great day............Bob

12 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

Still digging out a bit here. Had to dig out the manure spreader and empty it in one of the fields. Had to shovel in front of the garage to get my Kawasaki Mule out so I could see how it went in the snow. Got it stuck and pulled it out with the tractor. Used the dogs to help blaze a path to the bird feeders to refill them. Ate lunch and took a nap. Another really great day............Bob

Whatcha Spreadin, Horse Manure??? We had 90 Milkers and I spread my share of  Cow and Bull Manure back in the day. 

Dandy Dave! 

2 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Whatcha Spreadin, Horse Manure??? We had 90 Milkers and I spread my share of  Cow and Bull Manure back in the day. 

Dandy Dave! 

Yup, horse s**t. The wife has three of the critters. She takes care of the daily chores with them and loads the spreader. My part of the deal is to spread the manure, maintain the fences, and of course pay for everything...........Bob

• Like 1

Horses, about like owning a boat. Just keep throwing money at em. What we go through to keep our better other haves happy. Everybody knows, If Mama's Happy, Everybody's Happy. :D The Snow is melting, The Snow is melting. Dandy Dave! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Horses, about like owning a boat. Just keep throwing money at em. What we go through to keep our better other haves happy. Everybody knows, If Mama's Happy, Everybody's Happy. :D The Snow is melting, The Snow is melting. Dandy Dave! 

I believe most of our "other halves" see our cars like boats!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, zipdang said:

I believe most of our "other halves" see our cars like boats!

LOL.. Yuppers. And sometimes they depreciate just as much also. That would be both, other Half's and Cars. some more than others. ;) Dandy Dave!  

5 hours ago, JACK M said:

Cars and boats have an off switch somewhere. Horses don't.

Nope. they're just big conveyor belts. Feed in one end, poop out the other. At least it's solid and easy to fork into the spreader.

OTOH, watching them frolic or just plain graze in the pasture is a work of art. We don't ride anymore so my wife's are just  "lawn ornaments". ..............Bob

My wife is a dollar and cents type of girl.  The first time she saw what i sold a car for and what I paid for it, not to mention the countless since, she never had the opinion of them being like a boat again. Especially when the money I sold one of them for,  became the down payment for a newer much larger house, enabling us to move before we sold the old one,  which took almost 2 years. 

It was a rather substantial down payment as well. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

16 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

My wife is a dollar and cents type of girl.  The first time she saw what i sold a car for and what I paid for it, not to mention the countless since, she never had the opinion of them being like a boat again. Especially when the money I sold one of them for,  became the down payment for a newer much larger house, enabling us to move before we sold the old one,  which took almost 2 years. 

It was a rather substantial down payment as well. 

Mine always seem to go the other way.

Here is the first car I ever restored. Sold it to a fellow in 1989 that left it outside until last year when he sold it. The only time the car moved is when he drove it on and off the trailer. Engine was seized and tires all flat and the drivers window was down a couple of inches the first few years for the heat was his explanation. The trunk on it was NOS I bought at Hershey back then. Anyway I am saying from my last post on this tread we do get snow here and not like my last picture I posted.  Maybe I should have started a new thread called USED AND ABUSED.

By the way the garage was full of junk as the fellow was a bit of a hoarder.

005.JPG

004.JPG