Dandy Dave

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

My morning view last Thursday. See that tiny spec in the far off tree? That's an American bald eagle. They have begun to populate this part of Canada, snow is not a problem.

I don't remember how long ago - less than 10 years - we had snow in one area of our backyard into the first week of May. I think that was the year we had over 9' of snow piled up at the end of our driveway from shoveling and the town plow. The latest I ever remember having a snow storm was around the 5th of May when we had 5" one year. Of course, it only lasts a couple of days by that time.

Yeh sure,,,,,that year we had piled snow left over on 4 July

enough for a sowball fight,,,but fight was cancelld,,snow was more like ice,,

an' someone would get hurt,,,report from Limerick Me 04048

Cheers,,Ben

Here in upstate NY I drove my '72 Pinto off the road in Rochester one year on the way home from night shift work. Ended up down the hill in a grove of trees and it took the sheriff almost an hour to find me with access from three roads! I tried talking him to me via CBer's but they could not see me. We had gotten 9" of heavy wet stuff on May 8th, the latest I remember! OH, it just started snowing again here but they say only a couple of inches thru the night.......

Hey John- Just talked to my uncle in BBH and he said it is a long hard one by the coast too! We are signed up for the VMCCA Chrome Glidden in June, bringing the Avanti to Belfast and Bar Harbor. (At least we can look forward to spring with this in mind!)

Global warming?

It is called Climate Change. Sea levels are rising. A good indication of something going on.

Portage and Main, Winterpeg, I was there, I remember the snowpocalypse winter of 59, the coldest large city intersection in North America. That's not a complete whiteout as I see blue sky. Wishing for a Marmon Herrington , or an FWD, or a Coleman or a power wagon or a Walter or??

I measured about 14-1/2 Inches here. Worst thing that happened is that dang plastic chair got buried. :mad: Could not sit in it no way and no how. To cold to goof off out side anyway. The Buick SnowMaster Super Shovel roared through without a cough or sputter.. :cool: Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143142390164_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142390169_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143142390173_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Our problem in Alaska hasn't been too much snow (there is no such thing, imo) but record-breaking warm temperatures. The warmth and rain caused some huge avalanches near Valdez, which dammed a river and blocked the only road to the city for almost two weeks. There are some great photos of the slides and the road clearing effort here. Back in the 1920s and 30s they didn't have heavy equipment to clear snow. Instead, they removed avalanche debris by hand, as was done prior to this photo being taken. I can't imagine the effort it took.

post-58418-143142394356_thumb.jpg

I hear there's a lot of flooding going on in England

Yes worst weather for many years, several homes in inches of water, and the ground very very wet, fortunately not near us but bad for those in the south. We have 100phm winds here last week with roof tiles off around us and fences down.... fortunately expected to be finished now, its warm outdoors..... Looking forward to the lighter longer days.

What's it like near you?

More snow here today. Was calling for another 3 to 5 inches. I think it may be down graded to 1 to 3 now. Will have to wait and see. Yesterday was 0-F (-18-C) This morning it is 21-F (-6-C) Dandy Dave!

Yes worst weather for many years, several homes in inches of water, and the ground very very wet, fortunately not near us but bad for those in the south. We have 100phm winds here last week with roof tiles off around us and fences down.... fortunately expected to be finished now, its warm outdoors..... Looking forward to the lighter longer days.

What's it like near you?

Finally getting a break. Supposed to be 60 on Friday. There's still about 12 inches on the ground. Philadelphia has had 59 inches so far, the third most ever.

A remedy for the snow!!!!!

I am leaving Virginia shortly for Florida and the Winter Meet. I understand it will be in the 80's there this weekend. I'll bring a bottle of sunshine back north next week for you guys!!!;)