Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Dandy Dave

First, I use my Buick Snow Master Super Shovel. See me shoveling out the mail box. ;) Then I clean everything up with the 1962 Ford F-250 after.

New Buick concept car. It is the "Snow Drift" model. Watch for it in 2020.

post-44142-143138386839_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138386857_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138386874_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138386892_thumb.jpg

post-44142-14313838691_thumb.jpg

First, I use my Buick Snow Master Super Shovel. See me shoveling out the mail box. ;) Then I clean everything up with the 1962 Ford F-250 after.

New Buick concept car. It is the "Snow Drift" model. Watch for it in 2020.

This weather could give a whole new meaning to "Drift Racing". :D

By the way who is the coward standing in the doorway watching you shovel out the driveway? :rolleyes:

Here is a mental image for you folks, Dandy Dave in his thermal winter Speedo. :eek:

Edited by Shop Rat
Correct a type-o. (see edit history)

Here is what it looks like at our place

I used to work in New York City, and got tired of getting to work with slush in my socks.

post-54863-14313838702_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138387022_thumb.jpg

It's been snowing here for over a month. Temps below freezing everyday. Snow is piled high all over town. If we have one day in the forty's it will flood most of the town.

Here many town's here have run out of funds for snow removal.

Frozen fog and rain have left much of the north of Poland without power. Much like New England several times in the past.

The north of Europe is having the worst Winter in memory.

I hope you all are OK and wish you folks a happy New Year.

Guest bofusmosby

Well, no snow down in my neck of the woods. It was snowing in north Florida though. We've had some cold temps down here (well, for Tampa that is) and right now, its looking like it could be the coldest December on record. I just love getting a $700 + electric bill. No insulation in this old house!:eek:

By the way who is the coward standing in the doorway watching you shovel out the driveway? :rolleyes:

That's Just Bibi rootin the Buick Snow Master Super Shovel on. :D The nice thing about the Snow Master is that you do all the shoveling from the seat as it is fully hydraulic powered.

The Buick Snow Master. Shovel Snow from the warm comfort of the Summer Heater heated cab. Sink yourself into the thick foam padded seat and feel the smooth power as you glide though the drifts with ease. Lifting snow is a breeze as it is all done with one EZ control Lever. Feel the smoothness of the Transmission as you go from forward to reverse with two simple to operate pedels on the floor. Throttle up is automatic as you push down on the pedel of direction your desire. Also, the Snow Master has the greatest economy offered as any in it's class. It will move snow all day on about 5 gallons of Diesel Fuel. Included, as a No Heart Attack feature, it comes with a rear shovel and retreiver as standard equipment should you slide off of a bank and cannot gain traction with the wheels. Just reach out and pull it back into action all from the comfort of the Cab. So, throw out that old plastic shovel and get some real class in snow removal. The Snow Master is waiting for you. We'll even throw in a Red Rider BB Gun for the menacing neigborhood dogs that come around to devour you Holiday Bird. Ralphie not included.

:D Dandy Dave!

Guest 1hooligan

Darn, I went out side after reading your post, and we did not get any, just the same old sunny, clear, and beautiful. I feel left out. But I went out and talked to the snow blower, that I purchased five years ago and have yet to start. Some guys have all the fun.

Best from ARIZONA.

Guest Jim_Edwards
Darn, I went out side after reading your post, and we did not get any, just the same old sunny, clear, and beautiful. I feel left out. But I went out and talked to the snow blower, that I purchased five years ago and have yet to start. Some guys have all the fun.

Best from ARIZONA.

Sounds like you need a Snow Blower about like I need the genuine 1942 model snow shovel that adorned my parents garage until about five years ago and now resides in my storage shed. Hasn't been used since 1952! Does make for an interesting conversation piece here in South Central Texas seventy-five miles from the Gulf of Mexico though. :)

Sounds like you need a Snow Blower about like I need the genuine 1942 model snow shovel that adorned my parents garage until about five years ago and now resides in my storage shed. Hasn't been used since 1952! Does make for an interesting conversation piece here in South Central Texas seventy-five miles from the Gulf of Mexico though. :)

It's simple, if you want some snow....just get rid of the 1942 shovel. :D

Guest Jim_Edwards
It's simple, if you want some snow....just get rid of the 1942 shovel. :D

Now I know of a valid reason to keep that snow shove for other than a conversation piece...........:D

Hey D.D., How about posting a photo of the whole Buick Snow Master Shovel for folks like me that have never seen one? :)

But of course. :D Mine is a proven unit. Photo was taken several years ago in front of my old place which has recently become a rental property. I hope they keep payin the rent so I can buy fuel for the Buick Snow Master. ;) Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138387656_thumb.jpg

But of course. :D Mine is a proven unit. Photo was taken several years ago in front of my old place which has recently become a rental property. I hope they keep payin the rent so I can buy fuel for the Buick Snow Master. ;) Dandy Dave!

Thanks D.D. Now that is one Big Boy's Tonka Toy. I like it. :D

Dave,

Susan is right,

When Hurricane Katrina came through, our local AACA Chapter in St. Bernard Parish (a small suburb, downriver from New Orleans) had approximately 97 families as members, with an average of 3.5 cars per family: nearly 350 cars in our little club. We know of eight (8) cars that either survived, or were restorable. Most of our members cars were under 10-20 feet of salt water for weeks (mine were not). One member lost nearly fifty of his own beautifully restored old cars, including a '56 Crown Victoria and many other jewels on display in his warehouse and party room.

Many of our members moved north of Lake Pontchartrain after Katrina, joined another AACA Chapter of Louisiana Region, and purchased other old cars. A small dedicated group remains to keep our chapter alive. I do not live in St. Bernard, but have been a member of this family-oriented club since the mid-1980s.

The above does not pretend to include the damage to cars in the city of New Orleans, or the many other parishes which suffered major loss of vintage cars, much less the Gulf coast of Mississippi which had a very different type of damage - their water came inland as a storm-driven wall of water, but exited with hours, washing away all in its path. One member mused "all of my cars were still there, but they were in different garages - the house was just gone".

Sorry, this isn't about snow - just responding to Dave - thanks for your interest.

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)

Guest bofusmosby

Marty, I "cringed" while I read your post. So much history was destroyed during that storm. Much of it will never be known by most.

• 2 weeks later...

I for one am tired of snow- and cold wind too. Snowed about an inch between 10PM and midnight last night. Up this morning, not much to fool with, roads clear, sidewalks clear, sun is out, life is good.

By 11AM the blackest cloud I'd seen since summer thunderstorms was boiling up in the north, and a half-hour later it was snowing balls. At first thought it was sleet or hail the way it was coming down, but picking one up, no doubt it was snow. 1/4 to 1/2 diameter balls of snow. Covered the street quick too.

I have never seen anything like it. Weirdest snow I've ever seen.:confused:

And there's 6-10 inches forecast for Monday night.:mad: Global warming my patoot.

I understand why people move south. I wouldn't live anywhere gets snow like some of y'all put up with.

Guest 53Nailhead
The only snow I want to see down my way is that white stuff on our beaches.:D

I hear ya, but there is something beautiful about 4 distinct seasons. Having said that, I'm ready for spring:D.

Now I gotta go shovel the drive............:(

Bob,

may have to make a run up the "Valley" & check out that walk-in!!!!!

Y'all don't know anything about snow unless you've lived in the Washington DC area. It's gotten to the point here that if snow is _predicted_, things start shutting down and the whole area and everyone in it goes berserk. The local media weather weenies are usually the cause of this frenzy and the stations go into 'round the clock coverage of the ensuing madness. If you don't believe me, tune in online! People I know who used to live here, and now live in places like Syracuse, just roll their eyes and laugh - it's absolutely incredible.