Best place to buy tires for a 38-43 Mercedes?

Kroenen

Welcome Aboard Matey :D

Talk to the fellows at either Coker Tire,

Coker Tire - Your Source for Antique Tires and Wheels

Or Universal Tire,

Home page

I have done some repairs to a 1952 Mecedes that belongs to a friend. Fun little car. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

You may wish to check with the Mercedes Benz classic center either in California or Stuttgart.

They can most likely point you in the direction of a proper tire for the Mercedes in question. Also, from time to time, they associate with a tire maker and have that tire maker reproduce tires for makes when the demand becomes high enough.

Here is a link to their Stuttgart operation - Mercedes-Benz Classic - Classic - Classic Center

Awesome! I'll call both & see how lucky I get.

I have an old wheel & needs a tire. Its for display purposes only. The rim came off a 1943 Mercedes Benz 770k convertible (one of Hitlers limo) and had a special bulletproof cell-type tire, but I don't need it. I just need a regular tire to bring it back to life. Tire size is 8.25/17, but not sure which brand, but i know what the tread looked like.

Is this the car G,H,Waterman owned in the 1950's,,One of the spare wheels was given to the Chicago Zoo as a publicity stunt,,,,for the gorilla to play with,,This M-B and F,D,Rs Packard 12 were both worked on at Joe Knowles shop in Wayland Ma,,No doubt you have also run across the other 2 pre war 770s in Mass,,,Memories,,,Ben

Is this the car G,H,Waterman owned in the 1950's,,One of the spare wheels was given to the Chicago Zoo as a publicity stunt,,,,for the gorilla to play with,,This M-B and F,D,Rs Packard 12 were both worked on at Joe Knowles shop in Wayland Ma,,No doubt you have also run across the other 2 pre war 770s in Mass,,,Memories,,,Ben

Not at all. The rim came from the middle east.

No,,I was wondering,if yours is Waterman car,,,,#2,,,Is there a spare wheel in Chicago,,thats all forgott'n about,,50years ago,,,Cheers,,Ben

Interesting. I didn't know the spare wheel was given to a zoo.

I'm also looking for a wheel cover for this car. Any recommendations? Anyone out there with 770k parts? I know its a stupid request, but you never know! :)

If you have the other side,cover,,we can make it here in Maine,,Berwick Me I think,,Do you know who has the other two 770s one was a beautiful convertable sedan,,very hi quality body,,,BUT the glue did not age well ,,at one time these 2 cars sat side by side,,rare sight indeed,,,Cheers,,Ben

If you have the other side,cover,,we can make it here in Maine,,Berwick Me I think,,Do you know who has the other two 770s one was a beautiful convertable sedan,,very hi quality body,,,BUT the glue did not age well ,,at one time these 2 cars sat side by side,,rare sight indeed,,,Cheers,,Ben

Unfortunately no I don't have the other side.

Glue?

You mentioned one was a convertible. Was the other a hard top sedan?

Do you have a shop? A website? Let me know, thanks!

Do you have the original tire? I would enjoy seeing a photo and may be interested in purchasing it or any other parts from the car. I am in Ohio and have from Santiago Chile (taken with officer to flea imprisonment) from Germany a Nazi staff officer's 1937 Mercedes I am doing a light restoration on. The car included so many artifacts and artifactual paper work from the war it is astounding. I have photos of the concentration camp he was part head of, original photos. xkreal@aol.com

Edited by Kreal (see edit history)

Do you have the original tire? I would enjoy seeing a photo and may be interested in purchasing it or any other parts from the car. I am in Ohio and have from Santiago Chile (taken with officer to flea imprisonment) from Germany a Nazi staff officer's 1937 Mercedes I am doing a light restoration on. The car included so many artifacts and artifactual paper work from the war it is astounding. I have photos of the concentration camp he was part head of, original photos. xkreal@aol.com

No, no tires.

Is it a 170V you have? I might know that car.

The fact remains that the only part you actually have from this Mercedes Benz 770K staff car is this spare wheel !

This indicates, at least to me, that the car which was owned by Saddam, was most likely looted & stripped in Iraq during the confusion of the last Gulf War.

After all~~~ Why was this spare wheel EVER removed from this very are car in the first place ?

I hope this auto still exists but I strongly have my doubts of it's survival in one piece !

Realistically~~~

This wheel belongs back with one of the few surviving Mercedes Benz 770 K autos in existance !

You might consider selling it to a Mercedes Benz 770K staff car owner/collector/museum .

Edited by Silverghost (see edit history)

The fact remains that the only part you actually have from this Mercedes Benz 770K staff car is this spare wheel !

This indicates, at least to me, that the car which was owned by Saddam, was most likely looted & stripped in Iraq during the confusion of the last Gulf War.

After all~~~ Why was this spare wheel EVER removed from this very are car in the first place ?

I hope this auto still exists but I strongly have my doubts of it's survival in one piece !

Realistically~~~

This wheel belongs back with one of the few surviving Mercedes Benz 770 K autos in existance !

You might consider selling it to a Mercedes Benz 770K staff car owner/collector/museum .

Both spare wheels were taken off not to mention some of the lighting system (fogs, Noteks, etc)

Saddam's car was being..dismantled ??

Yes my car is a 170V. Please PM me what you might know. I don't know anyone and this car isn't known by anyone (hence how I came to own it) so I am very curious, thank you.

I heard about that 170V, but I can't recall where.

I have no parts for the 770k. Do you have a 770k?