'62 Buick LeSabre has a Twin Turbine Dynaflow transmission

Guest Braebyrn

Guest Braebyrn

I'm helping a friend on his '62 and cannot seem to figure the trans out. It seems to me like it is slipping when I put it into forward or reverse. It takes a couple of seconds for it to get moving. Is that the way these transmissions are designed? I understand that they are designed differently than say a turbo 400, which I am used to.

He thinks it is a dog when you put it in gear and drive and I think its the design of the transmission. Is there an adjustment on this tranny, or maybe it needs rebuilt.

Does someone in Western Washington want to test drive this to see if in fact it is normal?

Thank you,

Rick

Guest Braebyrn

Hi Brian,

The fluid level is right on. I have all the body manuals, electric manual, but no tranny manual for this car. Is there some advise on the adjustments I can do? I have dealt with Sea Tac transmissions before, and they are good. Just hoping first I could turn a adjustment screw or tighten something before I bring it in.

Thank you.

Guest Braebyrn

I actually found a manual and will be going thru the diagnostics with my friend. They suggest to get the car and transmission up to operating temps. and checking line pressures. That will be the first step soon.

Thanks,

Rick