Need info on King Pinns for 34 Dodge Truck

Guest 1tuffjeep

Guest 1tuffjeep

I am having trouble find info on king pins to fit my 1934 Dodge Bros Fire Truck.

It seems to be a K32, 1 1/2 ton truck..Need to replace them but can not find

any listings for them..Thanks, larry

I have a Thompson Products book. 1932-36; K30, K32, K33, K34 same. Bolt # 311, upper bushing # 2101, lower bushing # 2824. If you cannot find the bolt, a machinist should be able to make the bolt. The OD of the bushings may be standard. In that case press those in and ream to fit bolt. I had to do this on a 1912 car.

Guest De Soto Frank

I had to have a local machine-shop make-up oversize King-Pins for my '55 Chevy 4400 dump-truck, as all the original and replacement oversize service parts seem to have been used-up years ago.

The bushings are as important as the pins: they MUST be steel shell with bronze lining. You can source the nearest fit from mfr's illustrated parts catalog such as Moog, or an industrial supplier such as McMaster-Carr, matching the outisde diameter of the bushing to the bore of the knuckle, then once the bushings are installed, finish to fit the pin. Many guys like to have them finished on a Sunnen machine ( a honed finish, as opposed to a reamer).

A solid bronze bushing is no good here - it will "pound-out" (plastic deformation) under repeated road-shock and your knuckles will become loose rather quickly.

Or, if you get the original part numbers, you might get lucky on e-bay...

Good luck !