Marmon rumble seat mortice box lock needed

oldsobsolete

I have been trying to find two box locks and escutcheons for my E75 not the keyed center lock but the two at the sides of the rumble seat lid. I think they did nothing more than keep the rumble seat lid from vibrating. I found a circular brass bolt in the bottom of my car when cleaning it out that I believe rotated into the latch and that is all I have other than the mortice in the deck lid wood. Anyone ever seen one of these elusive items or better yet can direct me to a source?

Thanks for your help Gary

Gary, my E 75 does not have those locks on the rumble seat but it could be due to body manufacturer. Mine was made by EH Wilson, who made your body? Are you a Marmon Club member? If not we would relish the chance to make sure your car is in the registry of existing Marmons we are compiling and to extend an invitation to join. We do have a number of members who are very knowledgeable and love to share their knowledge. Please feel free to respond on the post call me at -205=482=0165 or write to samdbarnett@bellsouth.net . Thank You and Good Luck -Sam

Guest Silverghost

I believe there were two knobs on the outside of each side of the hatch~

The knobs have a threaded shaft that goes into a small flat inside clampbar that rotate so you can tighten each side to prevent vibration~

The lock itself is in the center of the hatch door~

The knobs are about 1 1/2 " in diameter~

They are German Silver or Plated Brass ~

A buddy has a similar Marmon car~

I will see if he can shoot you some digital photos !

The December 1927 Marmon 75 parts list on page 21 lists 3 locks that were used on the 2 passenger standard coupe one Yale "rear deck lid lock" Marmon part number RBC-5090 located in the top center and two "rear deck lid spring box lock" Marmon part number RBC-5091 located on the top RH and top LH edge of the deck lid. It is the RBC-5091 spring box locks that I am looking for information on. The only thing I know about these locks is the size of mortice they fit in and the screw pattern of the escutcheon screws in the deck lid any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

Guest Silverghost

As I have stated before above. What you are seeking are not really key style "locks" per-say on the outboard edges~~~ Why would they have three "Locks" on this hatch ?

They are knob-style screw clamp "Locks" that prevent hatch rattles !

There is in fact a true Yale Key lock in the center of the hatch !

I know~~~ A friend has this exact same "Lock" set-up on his Marmon !