JohnF

33 Plymouth engine confusion

56 minutes ago, dep5 said:

The beauty of a 1934 Dodge DR passenger car engine is that it will fit 1933-34 Dodge & Plymouth without alteration and it will accept a 1935 and newer aftermarket speed equipment Dodge-Plymouth cylinder head. As to your question about 1932 PC Plymouth, the Hollander Manual merely acknowledges that the early 1933 Plymouth PC production started in calendar year 1932

Most of the cars would start production in the previous year.

15 hours ago, ply33 said:

Definitely shows the cylinder bores on the block. I am totally confused now. I guess a tape measure across the width of the head(s) and block(s) in question would tell something. . .

It was my very definite understanding that the blocks with full length water jackets were wider, not for the full length jacket itself but for the fact that they also have the water distribution tube and needed more width on the valve side to make that happen. But I guess I was wrong on that.

That is why I said also that I'm REALLY confused. I have a 33 block but from the move, it's buried. I'll have to pull it out for comparisons.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

On 11/19/2016 at 9:09 PM, countrytravler said:

That is why I said also that I'm REALLY confused. I have a 33 block but from the move, it's buried. I'll have to pull it out for comparisons.

Hello Country Traveler,

Do you have a 1934 PF block?  I need one for my 1934 PG.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:55 AM, classiccarjack said:

Hello Country Traveler,

Do you have a 1934 PF block?  I need one for my 1934 PG.

I'll be home in April, If I find time, I'll look. Only be in town for about 5 days. If you want to stop by and look, your more than welcome.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:58 AM, countrytravler said:

I'll be home in April, If I find time, I'll look. Only be in town for about 5 days. If you want to stop by and look, your more than welcome.

Please let me know when you get in, I will drive up.