New 16-V Maserati Valve Cover Gaskets

Guest patmelendy

Guest superdaver

Sorry Alan & all, wrong Dave. Dave Robinson here, still have my masi drivetrain waiting for the right shell. Any DC Rampages for sale out there lately?

Ah, pietasting then;) Super Dave was a Dallas guy but I know who you are just the same. SDAC this year? You've been outta the spotlight last few years... THere is a local guy with a DC Page converted to TII/555. Its just been sitting for a spell...

Alan

There was a new one on Ebay a couple years ago, I've tried evey goop in the world to seal the weepy VC gasket on my yellow TC, I lost the bid at $320 for the gasket so... You could just keep adding oil and degreasing the driveway every few weeks:o

Alan

Have you tried silicone sealer in the dry, empty groove of the valve cover. Let it harden for about 1/2 hour, then put the old gasket back in and install it lightly to let the gasket settle in the cover, after a time snug down the retaining nuts.

Chris is using better quality gaskets, why make a project more difficult and time consuming than necessary? Why pay for a couple hours of needless labor when it can be done quickly and easily for less time and labor costs. Gaskets that are removed and reused can be stretched, torn or misshaped. May as well do it right and not have to worry about it again. TCA members at the meet were thrilled proper new valve cover gaskets, spark plug wires, clutches and pretty much everything else can be purchased for 16v engines now from the guys who race these cars and know how to work on the engines. 8v automatic to 8v manual shift cars can be converted for around $2,000 instead of $5,000 others have charged in the past. That will help our TCs survive and gain in value. Alan has been the best advocate for performance enhancements for our cars than anyone else, and is happy to pass on his knowledge. Let him know if you need assistance.

Better be well over the minimum needed as several will back out due to length of time this is taken. I had almost 20% of people out of 16V thermostat covers and another 15% on the adjustable cam pulley sets. I know I won't be putting any $ down until I see proof of finished product. How long has two vendors been talking about this, 5 years or so? Talk is cheap, so is RTV (lol) right Hemi?

Todd

• 1 month later...
Guest chris@turbosunleashed.com

Sorry, haven't checked back here in a while.

New TC by Maserati item has been added to the TurbosUnleashed.com Website

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/maserati-reproduction-valve-cover-gaskets-p-438.html

These reproduction valve cover gaskets will fit the TC by Maserati 16-Valve Cylinder Head manufactured by Cosworth.

Since there is a mold involved any product made in limited quantities is going to be very costly. The mold price alone is close to $10k. Approximately 100 valve cover gaskets will be made of higher quality silicon like the originals, not cheap rubber. We are requiring financial commitments for 40 gaskets @ $150. each in order for us to move forward with this project. As an added incentive to reach our goal sooner we are offering a second gasket for only $100. more. There is a maximum of 2 gaskets per order. When more then two gaskets are required multiple orders must be made.

We have received email commitments totaling more then 40 so far so this goal should not be too difficult to reach. Once the minimum financial commitments have been received manufacturing will commence. We will continue accepting orders for an additional week at the Group Buy price. Turbos Unleashed will stock the remainder of the gaskets, but, at a higher price point.

Hopefully, those who made email commitments on the message boards will follow through financially to avoid production delays for everyone else. We all know who you are so there is no hiding. :) Manufacturing is expected to take 3 months once we reach our goal.

I'd like to publicly thank Pat Melendy, Alan Jones, Larry Carlson and a few others for bringing this opportunity to the TC club members attention. Without their efforts it would never have gotten this far.<br><br>

Chris Wright

Turbosunleashed.com

602-762-6678

NOTE: I will continue to update this thread as orders are received so everyone knows where we are at.

As of 6-28@8:30PM MST we have 2 gaskets paid for. THANKS JEREMY (aka iturbo)!!!

post-72020-143138580966_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris@turbosunleashed.com (see edit history)

Yes you did! Sorry, I updated the list after I saw your first order come through. Shipping charges will be adjusted accordingly for all multiple quantity orders and will be no more then $10-$15 depending on quantity.

4 down and 36 to go!

We are already 10% of the way to our goal within the first hour.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Guest Jim_McNally

I just had a conversation with Chris at TurbosUnleashed about this, and he's not getting as big a response as he hoped... Maybe lots of folks are out over the holiday week or whatever, but he needs more commitments to make this happen. This is a risky proposition for him even if he gets all the up front orders he wants - that will only cover maybe half of his cash outlay to get these made. So if he's willing to put his cash on the line for this, hopefully more people here are too.

It's rare for a vendor to do things like this - he's never going to get rich off selling these no matter how many we buy.

I just ordered 2 for myself.

Thanks, Jim

Guest Jim_McNally

Everyone -

The orders for 16V Valve Cover Gaskets in the group buy are up to 15 of the needed 40 as of about an hour ago.

If you want one, now is the time!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

We received a couple of orders recently bringing our total to 20 commitments. We are halfway there!

Thanks to those of you who are pushing everyone to follow up with orders!

Chris-TU

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with Alan Jones at the SDAC meeting in CA Thursday night and he committed to 4 gaskets. Pat Melendy also grabbed 4 so now we have 10 more gaskets to go. This could happen very soon....

Chris-TU

• 1 month later...

This thread started in December of last year and we still have not reached our minimum goal. We are currently debating whether to move forward with the project. If we do decide to produce these now with only 30 commitments all future non-Group Buy gaskets will sell for closer to $200. each. If we decide against it the Group buy will be canceled and the gaskets will not be produced.

We will make our decision at the end of the week.

Thanks to everyone who has committed so far,

Chris-TU

Edited by chris@turbosunleashed.com (see edit history)

We are currently at 33 confirmed gasket orders with about 24 hours to go. There were close to 40 initial commitments in the beginning of this thread. We suggest someone here contact all those who made the earlier initial commitments to make sure they followed up with an order to avoid letting this opportunity slip by. The production of future products for these vehicles is being based on response for these gaskets. We would hate to be this close and then miss out on these and other great products which can be brought to this tiny community.

Thanks again to everyone who has followed up with their initial commitments.<O:p</O:p

Chris-TU

There is a national meet coming up in Florida here in October I was JUST informed of. I know Rick Diogo is going, so maybe we can conjure up some more interest there, Chris. Can we put a hold on the ticking of the clock until that meeting is over?

Thanks for letting me know Chris. Find out the date and get back to me.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

As of Friday the total # of 16-V Maserati Valve Cover Gaskets pre-orders was 33.

We have invested a great deal of our resources and efforts into having these gaskets manufactured. Because of this we have decided to proceed with the project. The only thing that will change is the remaining 67 gasket kits will be available for $200. apiece.

The Credit Cards that were provided by the Group Buy participants will be charged in the next few days for the total amount on the orders already placed. For those who ordered 2 gaskets there will be a reduction applied to correct for shipping overage. If anyone has an issue with the CC# they provided please contact us immediately as this may delay the production of the gaskets.

Thanks again for all those who participated in the Group Buy.

Chris-TU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Progress....

Prototype valve cover gasket has arrived and will be tested shortly. We are still waiting on them to complete the mold for the round spark plug hole gaskets. They should be completed shortly and will be slightly thicker then the factory versions.

We will update you on the results of our testing next week.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

post-72020-143138861539_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TC42-MRP
Progress....

Prototype valve cover gasket has arrived and will be tested shortly. We are still waiting on them to complete the mold for the round spark plug hole gaskets. They should be completed shortly and will be slightly thicker then the factory versions.

We will update you on the results of our testing next week.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Chris,

It has been some time since this previous post. When I go to the company site I see picture of the valve cover gasket but the product is not active. What is the status on the valve cover gasket? You talked about round spark plug hole gaskets as well, how are those coming along? Curious to know, thanks. :)

Chris has been testing a gasket on one of my 16v cars for a few weeks. When I was driving it with the prototype gasket there were no leaks. Hopefully the testing will be done soon and Chris will have them available.

• 4 months later...
Guest cliffv

New 16-V Maserati Valve Cover Gaskets

Hay I've been working too hard has any one ever heard back on these gaskets. I know I asked for two but have not heard back for a long time. I also know we had to change our CC due to someone started buying things I can not fit into. I'm about too take off the cover and hope I can save the gasket on my parts car to stop the leaking on my driver