1947 Pontiac Torpedo six 4 door parts

Guest rubin

Hi folks

My sons and I are the proud new owners of a '47 Pontiac Torpedo that we purchased, mostly complete, and are beginning to restore.

We bought the car with the intention of fixing it up over time, and having the boys (8 & 10 years old) learn basic and more mechanical skills. I'd love to keep it all original, since it's original and (nearly) complete now, but I'm not going to be too much of a stickler for it (there will be bondo in this car).

It came with the front of the motor partly disassembled after a water pump failure, and in my inventory of the boxes of parts that it came with, I've come up with (only a few) missing items, and I hope someone out there may have them kicking around somewhere.

So far, we're missing the thermostat housing, the water pump pulley and the mounting bolts for them both.

I'm also playing with the idea of doing a frame off once we know it's complete, and (being that it's from the northeast) the floors are pretty rusty. I'd be very interested to know if there are suppliers of floor pans for rigs of this make/ vintage? And do you all have favorite parts suppliers, and/ or ones to avoid?

Thanks very much in advance!

Rubin