3 spoked wood wheel Silver Arrow

Guest Gee_Rydes

Guest Gee_Rydes

Was this wheel used on production Buick vehicles?

I have seen many 3 spoke wood wheels but they all appear to be missing the 3 spoked horn bar part. They are all over ebay and I think even Grant makes a wheel that looks like this.

BUT, I would like this specific style. Maybe I just don;t know what model it was used on?

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

post-50598-143138364438_thumb.jpg

Dave,

I think that being Bill Mitchell had its priviledges.

A friend of mine and I literally crawled all over SA1 when it was displayed at the ROA Nationals in Eureka Springs, AR in 2005. There are so many one of a kind parts on it, they're hard to list.

Some Corvettes had three spoke wheels but they had a horn button on the hub. There was also a three spoked wheel that was an option on the Skylark series in the early 70's.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest Gee_Rydes

OK...re-phrased question:

Has anybody EVER seen a 3 spoke wood wheel WITH a horn bar (not just a cap)?

Thanks for any and all input.

Dave:

That wheel is very interesting. It looks like a regular GS wheel inverted with an additional spoke. The spokes are chromed rather than the brushed finish that is on the regular GS wheel. I'm sure that wheel has most Rivi guys scratching thier head and asking if it was an OEM option.

If you can find the steering wheel with the third spoke, I know my metal guy can make both the hornbar and the cap. He's made several of the regular caps and hornbars for me and they turned out very nice.

Rick

Here's another picture of the same car. The trunk is stitched the same as the seats, and there's a matching golf bag to go with it. :)

DUDE!!! now that's an idea I might have to copy though it doesn't leave room for a spare tire.

The A-body Sports Steering wheel does bolt onto the later coloumns, I had one on my '70 Riv but it leaves a gap around the base since the shaft that sticks out is longer. The wheel however would need to be modified for the horn bars since the "slots" in the spokes aren't as large as they are on the Silver Arrow wheel, nor do they go all the way to the hub.

!B+GGv-QEGk~$(KGrHqN,!iUEzOHrQPNzBM-p(w2R+g~~_12.JPG

Guest rayvaflav
Dave,

I found this picture I took of a black '65 custom that was at the ROA meet in Galena in 2008. Three spoke wood wheel, but no horn bars, just the button. Still looks nice though.

Ed

Whoa ! Check out how the right side of the lower dash drops down to reveal a hidden aftermarket radio. This Riv has some nice touches !

Ray

Rear deck w/ speakers
Another idea I'm considering, especially since the defroster creates the perfect hole already stamped into the drivers side. Right now I have an amplifier bridged to run the rear speaker as a single channel so stereo tracks still play both sides out the back.

Totally enamoured by that dropdown knee panel, especialy since I have a fuse box back there.