'46 Ford convertible value?

Guest Midnight Farmer

Guest Midnight Farmer

I have found a 1946 Ford convertible, no engine, no top, sitting in the dirt with two wheels gone. It has been sitting out in the weather for a year. Any ideas what would be a fair price? He also has a 1948 four-door Ford that is in pretty bad shape. He might sell the pair. What should I offer him?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jerry

Scrap value is about $300. Go from there for both of them.

If the convertable has the top frames I would offer at least $1000 for both of them.

But that is me, you may be able to buy it for the $300 or $4000 , depending on the seller. Offer low, pay a fair price, if you want it.

Guest Midnight Farmer

The Pontiac looks good and we have taken several rides. I need to get it stored for the winter. I was just reading another post about what is a true survivor. Don't know if the Pontiac qualifies, but we almost had to get the dents fixed and paint job.

As for the 46 and 48 Fords, I was thinking $1000, but don't know what the owner is thinking. He said he tried to email Jay Leno once, so he may have high expectations. On the other hand, he knows me, so maybe he would like to see it get fixed up. I am thinking that since I left the Pontiac stock, I could (dare I say it on here!) make a hot rod out of the convert. and use a Ford engine. I will let you know if I get it bought. Jerry