Tires too fat for sidemount wells

ak

AK, be sure and measure the same brand of tire you plan to use. A friend bought one brand for his 1932 901 and they were too big, luckily, he had it in writing they could be returned if they did not fit, and he bought another brand which did fit. Sizes definitely vary from brand to brand....Good luck with your purchase....B

Guest Silverghost

Restorer32:

Does any company re-cap & sell auto tires today ?

I know large truck, bus, and heavy earth moving equipment tires are still re-capped.

Dad used to buy re-capped snow tires !

Pep Boys , and others sold them~

I remember the local Firestone Store where i grew up had recaping machines right in the service bay. It was always a great place to go with my Dad,

I still love the smell of new tire shops and walking around looking at all the tires. I guess I still a 50's kid inside. .

I haven't seen a recapped auto tire in years. Dad did quite well selling recaps, especially snow tires. At the first sign of snow customers would line up around the block to have their snow tires mounted. Dad would pay a nickle for a recappable casing, cost about $7 to recap, sold for $15-20. Tires were relatively more expensive in the 1960s then they are today. His shop was firebombed during the race riots in York, PA New Years day 1971 and burned to the ground. It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to him financially but lost in the fire was a 1928 Cadillac grill and radiator. Another downside was that from then on I had to actually BUY tires for my cars.

Guest Silverghost

You might not have to worry about Denman tires as they went out of buisines earlier this year~

They were liquidated at a court ordered sale this summer~

Once the existing dealer supply of Denman Antique & Classic tires are sold~~~~

They MAY never be manufactured again ? !