Anythink of Buick 1931 and TiltRay Gl-191 and dash panel buick 1931

elarkangel

Hello everyone I want to buy a TiltRay lens 10" and dash panel for the buick.

I want to restore a Buick 1931.

I live in Argentina.

Here I can't find some parts.

It's very difficult.

This is a 50 series.

I need a lot of others things, parts of engine and interior and information.

The car was abandoned, exposed to the weather (outdoor)

Many parts were removed and were lost.

This is a very hard work but I think in a few of years i can do that.

Thank you very much

Jorge

drjorgeangel@hotmail.com

post-68662-143138362828_thumb.jpg

Jorge,

What you have here is basically a parts car. You will find that to restore this will cost far more than the value of the car when finished. Your best bet if you really like this car is to purchase another 1931 sedan that is more complete and use this one for spare parts. It will be extremely difficult, if not impossible to locate enough individual parts to restore this particular car. That would be the case even if the car were located in the USA.

Thanks,

Yes I know that, but here in Argentina is very difficult to find parts of this car. Here you can find a lot of Ford T or A, more less Chevrolet, and the other marks are more, more difficult. But this is the real interesting. I don't to restore for sale the car. I want to restore for a personal chalenge. I like this car, yours 8 inline, yous class, etc. etc. I restore a Ford A and T and 1946 cupe 5w super deluxe, but this car is very different. This is a challenge. Do you understand me? I kwon this is a bad bussines, but I think with the heart, not with the wallet (pocket).

Thank you very much for your opinion, I really appreciate this. Thanks. Jorge

PD: do you have interior parts? dash panel?

Jorge,

Perhaps last year, or a bit longer, I communicated with someone with a restoration shop in BA, and again later with another person that had found, I think, a '32 needing work. The one in BA was a '32 Buick Phaeton. If you try checking back through old posts, you may find something. Search for '32 Buicks. If you can reach those guys, they may be able to steer you to some local parts. In the meantime, we can look around for some '31 stuff and let you know.

John

Guest mclbuick2002

Jorge

That is more than a challenge! There is so much missing ,such as, carb , heat riser,rad louvers , rad thermostat etc. that the car is not restorable.What makes it even more difficult was 1931 Buicks had 3 different engines on 4 different wheelbases.Few if any parts were interchangeable between series .

Are you sure that is a 1931 -50 series? I have never seen a 1931 that had a tilt out windshield or the extension out the back . Post the engine serial number that is on a flat spot near distributor. Dave Corbin can verify year and series.

You would be better off buying another more complete car and having it shipped to you than trying to find all the parts missing from the picture of that car.

Stan

Guest mclbuick2002

Jorge

I have a few parts left from the restoration of a 1930 model 47.Fenders, doors , some gauges and a hood.No dash or interior parts. Most 1930 body parts are the same as 1931 of the same series. However, the 1931 50 series was similar to the 1930 discontinued Marquette.The hood I have may fit your car as it is too short for the 30-47.

Buicks are far harder to restore than model Ts or As. You can pretty well buy enough new T or A parts to build a car.

If you still plan on a restoration obtain a Fisher Body Service Manual for 1926-1931 Closed Body Models. It will show how to replace wood parts. Send for Bob's Automobilia's catalogue . They sell some parts for 1931s.

Stan

• 3 years later...
Guest BuickPartsYard

I think I have most of the parts you will need since I just bought a property with three 1931 Buicks on it let me know if you are still restoring it and maybe you could get me a parts list and we could work out prices with international shipping.