I'm writing this in frustration and hope it doesn't land on deaf ears. So far I have responded to 2 different cars for sale posted here and both were sold long ago. However were both still posted, WHY? I talked to both owners and they said that email you to delete them but obviously that was not done. Should I bother to continue to shop here? Thanks Bill

BGhandhyman,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. The Webmaster probably does not have time to do what you seem to expect due to the volume of the posts on the discussion forum and he is an unpaid volunteer with a regular job.

Anytime someone posts something for sale, it is up to them to provide followup. If you will look, you will see that in the majority of items that are posted for sale, when they are sold the seller posts a reply to the ad that indicates that the item has been sold. With no further replys, the ad falls off of the first few pages rather quickly and if you find it by a search, reading the responses will show you that it has been sold.

Here, as well as on other sites, there are lots of people who understand their responsibility to keep potential buyers informed, and unfortunately, some who don't.

What are you looking for? Perhaps someone will read your reply here and have a lead on the location of something like you are looking for.

Thank you for the response. I was pleasently surprized. I guess it all makes sense, but still these adds were over a year old. Maybe it is partly the owners fault too. Looking for a Corvair preferably a '64 Spyder. Or a '65 '66 Corsa. Thanks again Bill

Here on the AACA Discussion forum, I found out about jaxxed.com, a site where you can do an amazing search for what you are looking for. You may want to take a look. It currently has 265 ads for 1964 through 1966 Corvairs. Perhaps one of these may be the car you are looking for. Good luck!

site mash : chevrolet corvair : combined classified and auction listings