Reatta collection sale

Guest Kansas Transit Express

Hello all, will be putting up for sale (4) Reattas: cars are as follows,

(1) 1991 Reatta Conv. Silver Body/ Grey Int. / Black Top

car is in showroom cond with appox. 10,000 miles, this car was originally from the Frank Sinatra family and I have documentation to verify.

(2) 1991 Reatta Conv. Red Body/ Saddle Top/ Saddle Int.

car has a tear in the top has some small paking lot dings otherwise excellent condition,

appox. 20,000 miles, this car is one of the GM "donation" cars and is one of only two that I know of in private hands that has not been scrapped.

It is titled in my name, and I have the original shipping documents as well as reship documentation available, as well as the School it was donated to.

(3) 1991 Reatta Coupe. Black Body/ Saddle Int. No sunroof.

car was a daily driver and has appox. 130,000 miles paint strating to fade in some spots, body and int. are excellent.

(4) 1990 Reatta Coupe Project. Driftwood, car is in the middle of being converted to a Buick V8 and Rear Wheel drive. Engine is a total rebuild 455 bored to 464 CI.

has Alum heads and Int. forged pistons have dyno sheet, 640 HP/ 604 ft lbs

Rear back half frame installed, comes with narrowed 9" ford rear correct backspace Weld Wheels front and rear with 29/13/15" tires.

All cars are located in Glasco, KS. and I can ship as I own an auto transport company. Pics are as follows, I will be putting these on the other Reatta forums also.

Thanks for looking,

Stan

post-71742-143138360179_thumb.jpg

post-71742-1431383602_thumb.jpg

post-71742-143138360214_thumb.jpg

post-71742-143138360232_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kansas Transit Express (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
No prices. Are you a BCA member? Are you a Reatta division member?
Wow! Are you saying a person must be a member of those clubs to offer a car for sale here? I thought this AACA Buy/Sell forum was free for anyone to use no matter if they were club members or not.

(1) I was primarily curious why someone with such an impressive mini collection of Reattas was a 1st time poster.

(2) I personally believe it's distasteful to come onto a forum just to sell cars. This seller will probably never check in again.

In many of the other buy/sell forums on the AACA website, 1st time Buy/Sell posters with minimum content and no prices get hammered mercilessly by a few long time members.

However, if you don't care that a seller comes onto the forum with a four car mini collection just to sell cars and not include prices then Ronnie you are entitled to that viewpoint.

(3) Prices are a requirement of all AACA forum Buy/Sell formats.

(4) Perhaps this seller is a member of other Reatta forums/groups and may be a member of the AACA/BCA/Reatta Division but is not into forums. In this case, his explanation that he was a member would lend "trust" and "credability" to his pricing and descriptions.

I personally get a little sceptical of some Reatta sellers (not necessarily this fellow) who give little information about their cars and have posted on the forum "1" time. Reattas are complex vehicles and I want as much information as possible about them.

I hope that helps explain my comment.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks
Wow! Are you saying a person must be a member of those clubs to offer a car for sale here? I thought this AACA Buy/Sell forum was free for anyone to use no matter if they were club members or not.

I have to agree with you Ronnie, certainly a stellar way to encourage people to join the BCA, Reatta Division, etc when you are shot at with a sawed off shotgun when you first put your foot in the water. Nice BJM!! Maybe a little encouragement, a couple pointers on how to properly list an add on the forum, etc would have gone much further.

(3) Prices are a requirement of all AACA forum Buy/Sell formats.
I was not aware of that requirement. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I thought I had read most of the forum rules but I guess that one slipped by me.

Although I have been searching for a while, I was not able to find it in any of the forum rules. Could you please direct me to where that requirement is stated in the rules so I can bookmark it for future reference?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have to agree with you Ronnie, certainly a stellar way to encourage people to join the BCA, Reatta Division, etc when you are shot at with a sawed off shotgun when you first put your foot in the water. Nice BJM!! Maybe a little encouragement, a couple pointers on how to properly list an add on the forum, etc would have gone much further.

Again, fair enough. We don't always agree as long as it's civil.

Basically there have been a few long time members spent several years pointing the rules out to "one time, I am only here to sell my car" posters. After a few years, it gets old.

I was not aware of that requirement. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I thought I had read most of the forum rules but I guess that one slipped by me.

Although I have been searching for a while, I was not able to find it in any of the forum rules. Could you please direct me to where that requirement is stated in the rules so I can bookmark it for future reference?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ronnie,

It's at the top of the AACA forum--->

Buyers and Sellers - PLEASE READ!

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->By Peter Gariepy webmaster and lists in the post (which dates from 2005) all the requirements for posting in Buy/Sell.

Granted it's not in the Reatta forum but my interests are wide and varied so I start at the top of the AACA forum and work down.

I simply disagree that those of us who question "one and done" posters are evil-doers(my words not yours). The post had been on the forum a week with no one commenting. It's been my experience that with or without pricing, a lot of for sale ads get no counterpoint or discussion. This is not always good.

As for Keith's comment about encouraging the inclusion of this seller in the Reatta community, I think his lack of activity thus far is evidence he is not interested in the greater Reatta community. Also, he is trying to get out of the Reatta hobby.

Or, as I mentioned, he may be active in other Reatta groups I am not aware of. It woudl be nice to know to vet him and say, oh yea, that's so and so, I can trust his description of the car.

I know Keith (and you) through this forum and your description of a car would be trusted. Keith has tried to sell cars for his friends on these forums and that's all I need to know. But this fellow clearly comes on simply to sell his cars, as dozens of people do in the AACA Buy/Sell forum, and many never return for comment or clarification.

Many have gotten removed for leaving too little information and no prices.

The Reatta forum has a suggested Buy/Sell template which I guess is not a requirement but is highly encouraged.

The intent is the same. Someone on this forum noticed Sell ads with not enough content to help both sell the car and find new buyers and created the template. I am working on a a deal now with one of those template/formatted ads and it is extremely helpful.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Ronnie

I have done a quick check and the AACA webamaster has posted the Buy/Sell rules for each of the major marques (Buick / Oldsmobile / Packard) that have seperate Buy/Sell forums.

So it's not just in one spot. I think Rawja's template was good enough for the Reatta forum and I believe it includes price.

With four cars, I understand this seller not using the Reatta template, it's pretty long. But pricing should be included to help make a value determination.

WELL, sorry if I peed in someone Cherrios. First off I was a regular poster on here and a BCA member about 7 years ago maybe more. I had been working in another state for the last couple of years and I don't even remember my old forum name and password.

I did look thru the archives to see if I could find out what it was but was unable to find any of my old posts.

I have been "in" the Reatta hobby for longer than that and have over a period of years gone thru about 10 reattas total.

The main reason that I did not get BACK is because I just got back from vacation, the first thing I did was check my emails and answered any questions that anyone had.

If you want to check the validity of my story ask Barney, I think that he will remember me as he and I had quite a few phone conversations about the "donated" car and the Sinatra car before I purchased them.

I didn't come on here to get under someones skin, and I didn't remember this community being that "uptight" when I was here years ago.

If the big issue here is prices, I'm looking for 23,500 for the Sinatra car, 15,000 for the donated car, 3,500 for the coupe, and you will have to call on the RWD V8 project, as it could be bought with or without motor.

If the Admins wish to ban the ads, I understand, spamming this site was not my intent. I apologize to the member that was interested in a car and I did not get back to him/her.

Due to personal reasons my life has been a little askew and it is time to sell some of my toys, that and only that is the reason for the ads, I am not a dealer or some scam artist.

Sincerely yours,

Stan Imboden

Glasco, Kansas

1-785-568-2104

Edited by Kansas Transit Express (see edit history)

(1) I was primarily curious why someone with such an impressive mini collection of Reattas was a 1st time poster.

(4) Perhaps this seller is a member of other Reatta forums/groups and may be a member of the AACA/BCA/Reatta Division but is not into forums. In this case, his explanation that he was a member would lend "trust" and "credability" to his pricing and descriptions.

I personally get a little sceptical of some Reatta sellers (not necessarily this fellow) who give little information about their cars and have posted on the forum "1" time. Reattas are complex vehicles and I want as much information as possible about them.

I hope that helps explain my comment.

You didn't pee on my Cheerios. These are my comments, it's nothing personal.

(4) 1991 Reatta Coupe Project. Driftwood, car is in the middle of being converted to a Buick V8 and Rear Wheel drive. Engine is a total rebuild 455 bored to 464 CI.

Rear back half frame installed, comes with narrowed 9" ford rear correct backspace Weld Wheels front and rear with 29/13/15" tires.

you will have to call on the RWD V8 project, as it could be bought with or without motor.

Is this truly a Driftwood '91? Driftwood was almost entirely a '90 color. But there was a question on the thread "For Sale 1991 Polo Green Convertible" that is as follows:

Only one 91 Driftowood convertible right? Because there is a Driftwood coupe for sale now (Kansas Transit Express) 1991.

Just thought I'd ask. :)

Is this truly a Driftwood '91? Driftwood was almost entirely a '90 color. But there was a question on the thread "For Sale 1991 Polo Green Convertible" that is as follows:

Just thought I'd ask. :)

Hello Marck, no it's a 90, sorry for the confusion. I guess when I was listing all of the 91's I got carried away, I have since edited the year on the ad. Thanks for pointing it out.

Stan

You didn't pee on my Cheerios. These are my comments, it's nothing personal.

That's fine, no problem but your first response to the ad came across as a smack to the forehead.

I guess my question to you is, I really don't understand the big deal about posting a car for sale even if it was just to "sell" it and get out of the hobby.

Look at it this way, what if the mother of all bigfoots, a 1991 POLO CONV. was sold, won't you think that the people that were into reattas would like first chance at purchasing such a vehicle?????

What if it was sold on some obscure local paper made into a lowrider, that would be better than posting it on here ONE time. I guess I just don't understand your logic.

BTW I see from your sig that you don't even own a Reatta, so does this mean you are looking to buy one???

Stan

I send lots of Reatta owners to this Buy/Sell, most are not Reatta Division or BCA members but are looking for a way to sell their Reatta.

By posting here, even if they are not previous posters, they give us a chance to see the ad first. Last week I posted the 10K black 1990 convertible for a owner that has no clue there is a club. If he does not get some response here, he will probably put an ad in Hemmings and the car will go into a collection, never to be seen again.

I see no reason to discurage Reatta owners from posting here...... it is to our advantage to see the cars first and make our own decision if we are interested.

Just for grins, I am going to check my records and can probably post the vin numbers for the 1991 convertibles. I know the donated car came from the NW, a high school sent it to a scrap yard and the owner was able to get a title. The down side is that GM still owns the car. They have Michigan scrap titles on all the donated cars and could use their muscle to retrieve it......but that will probably never happen as they don't want the car, they just don't want the liability.

I send lots of Reatta owners to this Buy/Sell, most are not Reatta Division or BCA members but are looking for a way to sell their Reatta.

By posting here, even if they are not previous posters, they give us a chance to see the ad first. Last week I posted the 10K black 1990 convertible for a owner that has no clue there is a club. If he does not get some response here, he will probably put an ad in Hemmings and the car will go into a collection, never to be seen again.

I see no reason to discurage Reatta owners from posting here...... it is to our advantage to see the cars first and make our own decision if we are interested.

Just for grins, I am going to check my records and can probably post the vin numbers for the 1991 convertibles. I know the donated car came from the NW, a high school sent it to a scrap yard and the owner was able to get a title. The down side is that GM still owns the car. They have Michigan scrap titles on all the donated cars and could use their muscle to retrieve it......but that will probably never happen as they don't want the car, they just don't want the liability.

Hello Barney as usual you are correct, the donated car came from a vocational tech school in the SLC area, the story that I got was that after sitting untouched in their parking lot for a number of years the shop teacher could not bring himself to scrap it.

Also the car was never used for class studies as I believe the tech school was mostly into diesels and trucks. The teacher's wife I bought it from made the comment that they really never understood why a school like their's would have gotten the car to start with since it really didn't fit into their program.

The fellow that had the car titled was another teacher at that school, some relation of his worked/owned a salvage yard in that area. The salvage yard picked the car up from the school and gave them a receipt for it which satisfied their end of the deal.

The car was parked in a back building at the yard as pictures were taken and a salvage tile was being applied for.

Of course in the case of a salvage vehicle being retitled the DMV wanted pictures and an inspection of the car had to be made, little did they know that the car had never been apart.

So the car was inspected by the DMV and granted an "R" title in the teachers name. Several years and 17,000 miles later the teacher that titled the car passed away, I purchased it from his widow.

I once owned a bodyshop/garage and was a certified Pa. state inspector for a number of years, I had a pretty good idea what was going on and upon arrival in SLC I personally inspected that car from top to bottom.

If it showed signs of being scapped and reassembled I probably would not have bought it, at least not for the price I paid. I can assure you that this car was never touched.

Upon bringing the car to Kansas I of course titled it in my name, not a problem since the car had already been retitled.

As a side note to this story, and this will speak to Barney's acknowledgement of GM involvement. About a year after titling the car in my name I received a call from GM Worldwide Security.

The fellow on the other end of the line said that GM wanted the car back and that I legally should not have the car. I told him that if they wanted the car back to simply pay me what I had paid for it and had a sales receipt for and they could pick it up.

He said that he would get back to me, a couple of days later he called back and said something to the effect that although what he stated in his first call was correct that there was some kind of a time line of sorts where any liability to GM would be past a statue of limitations.

In my case, because the original teacher had already had it for several years plus the time it sat at the school it was very close to being beyond that deadline.

So basically they figured it wasn't worth the trouble. I have never heard another word about it and have lic, the car ever since. I assume that this is probably the same thing that happens when GM "show" cars or prototypes come up for sale.

My thoughts are this, I wonder if at the time maybe Utah didn't report all cars lic, to some huge national database this being the reason that the teacher was never called. Because surely if GM had wanted to get the car back they had a much stronger case against the original title holder than anyone else.

I am assuming that Kansas did report, as do almost all states now, and that is what triggered the interest from GM. I also have all of the docs from GM showing the paper trail from Flint to a dealer, then transport to Florida, then transport back to I believe Michigan and then onto the school where it wound up at.

If nothing else I thought it to be an interesting side note and documentation to what the processes were when it came to the "donated" cars. Now about that Polo Green Conv. I guess I will have to add a comment to the other thread here.

Stan

Stan, thanks for sharing the information. Some people choose to keep secrets for various reasons, but your information on your cars is a credit to car collectors.

My records show the Sinatra car (Frank Jr) as 900610 a very late 1991, it does not have a 16 way seat but does have the CD player and a black pinstripe.

On the red convertible, It was donated to Weber State University in UT and they redonated it to Bingham High School. I suspect that Weber State no longer needed the car and while Bingham HS may not have had a use, the teachers were probably buddy's and Weber State needed the room.

How time flies.... we first heard rumors about donated cars at the 1997 St. Louis National BCA meet. There were no details, just stories without facts or names. The story was that Buick had sent the cars to GM tech centers for training purposes. Through BCA members that worked for GM, I got a list of all US GMTC offices and sent out a letter asking about the 1991 Reatta convertibles. I received one response, but it was the one I needed. Bob Hanley the manager of GM Charlotte TC sent me a response with some information and his phone number. I contacted him and we talked. At the end of the conversation he volunteered to contact someone at theGM office that handles donations and we were off and running. In Feb 1998 I received a list of donated Reattas from Karen Vaclavik.

This list was a huge find for Reatta history. It did have it problems, Karen had generated the list by manually going through her files and finding the Reatta donations. She then typed the list by year and gave us..... (1) the donation record number. (2) the vin number of the car (3) the name of the school.

The donation number was somewhat worthless unless we wanted to backtrack through Karen. The vin number was great, as we could tell if it was a coupe or convertible.

The school name was only a clue, there was no town, state, or contact name.

I was still working for IBM and had internet access, and fairly fast speeds, so I spent lunch hours and some time after work doing searches on the school name. Many were easy, others are still unknown. Here are the schools that I have never solidified the location.

* Oak Creek High School

* Willian D. Ford Vo-Tech

* Valley High School (there must be hundreds of Valley HS across the US)

* North Orange County Reg Occ Program ( I think we found this one, the name had changed)

* Southeast Community College

* North Technical Ed Center

As you can see a search on those name can produce many options.

So I started calling schools and got many different responses, some I could never contact the person in charge of the shop, other were very cooperative and gave me information, some even sent pictures of the car.

Someday, in my spare time, I plan on making a scrapbook with information on every donated car, there will be a cover sheet with the information we have and then pictures if I have them.

Back in early 2002, I wrote about the donated cars in the Reatta Newsletter and attempted to start a program I called "Adopt a Reatta" if there was a donated Reatta in the area where you lived, you would take on the task of getting information, history , and pictures.

This worked pretty well but some people did not follow up and maybe we need to restart the program and get these cars completely documented.

Stan: Sorry, but there wasn't any background in the first post, just a "for sale" listing and then nothing. These happen occasionally because this is an open forum.

Barney: Any missing ones in Central Florida ?

Stan: Sorry, but there wasn't any background in the first post, just a "for sale" listing and then nothing. These happen occasionally because this is an open forum.

Barney: Any missing ones in Central Florida ?

Padgett, no sorry needed it was after all bad timing on my part to list them and then go on vacation. Actually not really a vacation a relative of my wifes was killed on his bike and I attended the memorial dinner.

Don't you also frequent some other boards as I know that I have come across your name before? I used to also be on the V8 buick board and what used to be the Buick bombsight as Reatta 455. Also the Packard club as 1956 400 but these too were long ago.

I am also on the Performance Years boards as The Transporter, I have my 1969 T/A Conv tribute car listed for sale as well as my 1969 Firebird Drag Car.

Also I am on the G8 board as I have a 2009.5 G8 GXP Pacific Slate car 1 of 5.

I'm also on the FJR 1300 rider forum, any of these ring a bell???

Stan

Guest Double M
That's fine, no problem but your first response to the ad came across as a smack to the forehead.

It happens alot on Forums, man. People look at their post count or their Forum Title and think they are a Forum God or something. Every forum has them.

any donated 1991 Reattas are now available to anyone who finds them without any repercussions from GM for two reasons:

1) the statute of limitations for liability in most states is eleven years.

2) more importantly, when GM did their bankruptcy last year, all old liabilities were lumped into the "bad GM" (Motors Holding Corp.). when their bankruptcy was approved and discharged, all those old liabilities disappeared. GM is no longer responsible (or liable) for any of those cars. a corportate bankruptcy is no different than a personal one in that respect; listed liabilities are discharged.

any interesting sidebar to the donated 1991 Reatta saga: I was told numerous times by many GM "experts" that all donated cars were "disabled" so they could no longer run under any circumstances. I've talked with ten people who either own these donated cars, or have access to them. all of the car run perfectly. many of the cars had the airbag either cut, or removed altogether.

the fact that they originally had Michigan scrap titles is also now irrevelant, as that eleven year rule erases any record of them.

we have the first Reatta prototype convertible (a 1988 model) here in our warehouse. when we first purchased it back in 2003, there were Michigan DMV records that showed it as a scrapped unit. just checked it thru the DMV last week, and no record exists any longer. sometimes a few states hold onto records a little longer than eleven years.

another fact is that states don't talk to each other about titles. for example, if you would bring a Florida title to California and register the car there, Florida has no clue you've done that.

if you buy one of these cars without a title, it's no big deal to get one. most states offer either an abandoned or lien sale title. someone from your state's local DMV office comes right to your house, inspects the car, and takes down the VIN number. in less than 45 days, *POOF* a new, clean title arrives in your name.

that same deal also covers lienholders. if you have a title that shows a current lienholder, after eleven years that lien automatically drops off, regardless of what the title says. when you go to apply for a new title, it will be clear.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

Stan

I have been trying for a long time to purchase a Reatta. I have made a deal to purchase an 88 form it's original owner in the San Jose area, a poster on this forum now, but can not figure the logistics to fly out and drive back.

Previously my focus was on 90-91's and I came close. I buy projects or drivers. To be honest I can not afford your cars, but I am trying to buy a Reatta.

I visit Craigs List (Site Mash) a lot but the driver Reattas usually sell before I can get them. Then I get into other cars and lose my seed money and revisit Reattas about once per 4 months.

Stan

I have been trying for a long time to purchase a Reatta. I have made a deal to purchase an 88 form it's original owner in the San Jose area, a poster on this forum now, but can not figure the logistics to fly out and drive back...

Is that the one in Sunnyvale? Just fly into SJC (preferred) or SFO. Once you have picked up the car, hop on I-80 and take it all the way to Iowa. No sweat. Though this time of year you may have a bit of snow to deal with.

Stan

I have been trying for a long time to purchase a Reatta. I have made a deal to purchase an 88 form it's original owner in the San Jose area, a poster on this forum now, but can not figure the logistics to fly out and drive back.

Previously my focus was on 90-91's and I came close. I buy projects or drivers. To be honest I can not afford your cars, but I am trying to buy a Reatta.

I visit Craigs List (Site Mash) a lot but the driver Reattas usually sell before I can get them. Then I get into other cars and lose my seed money and revisit Reattas about once per 4 months.

Hey Jake, I know that it is always wise to see first hand what you are paying for. I would suggest that if you are completly confident with the info and pics that you were provided call a transport company and have it shipped to you.

Although I own a transport company we normally don't haul cars, mostly limo's strecth Hummers, firetucks, ambulances, airport shuttle buses, etc. However if you want it shipped I could drop a couple of names to you of reliable carriers.

Even though I'm sure the car is decent, buying something that is 23 years old and driving it across a lot of open strecthes in NV, WY in the winter time might not be the best idea. JMHO

Stan

Hey Barney, Guys...

Long time. :cool:

Barney, that list of schools you mention being unable to track down, have you checked any of these?

Oak Creek High

340 East Puetz Road

Oak Creek, WI 53154

Phone: (414) 768-6210

Fax: (414) 768-6130

Guidance Office: (414) 768-6105

William D. Ford Career-Technical (Voc-Tech) Center

36455 Marquette Avenue

Westland, Mi. 48185-3292

Phone: (734) 419-2100

North Technical Ed(ucation) Center

7071 Garden Rd

Riviera Beach, Fl. 33404

Phone: (407) 881-4600

*** NTE has an Automotive and Mechanics, Repair, and Technology Course, though any initial search for the school tends to pull only the Culinary Arts department., giving the impression that they are not a tech school. ***

As for Southreast Community College...

SCC Home

Giving the link is the easiest way to be sure not to point you in the wrong direction. All of the "Schools" in the college are in Nebraska, but which would have had the Reatta is the question.

Hope some of these help.

Happy holidays to all of my fellow owners, old and new! :D

I've finally found time to work on re-establishing my Reatta GRIN!

Oh, btw, AS IF Barney's validation isn't enough (and it well should be), I remember the posts from Stan also... many, many years ago, and I go back many years, back to when the Reatta forum was still looking for a permanent home (and folks like Barney, Jim, and Padgett were pioneering a new way of communicating on a forum; by communicating with each others like family, not following what other forums were doing and chastising anyone who was new and just didn't know). So yes, you DO need to chill out a bit and relax. This was one of the first forums to truly welcome newbies and enthusiastes alike; where you could come to get answers without being made to feel like you were foolish because you didn't know.

It was that very same comraderie that, to my knowledge, also granted those from this site to be the very first to be allowed by General Motors (Pre-Bankruptcy) to digitize and post a vehicle Service Manual online without any fees for registered members.

That takes unity; the kind you don't get "on other sites".

Edited by Consultants_1 (see edit history)

Even though I'm sure the car is decent, buying something that is 23 years old and driving it across a lot of open strecthes in NV, WY in the winter time might not be the best idea. JMHO

Stan

Stan

I agree, so I am hesitating but it's a one owner Reatta owned by the original lady-owner who has maintained it. It has less miles then my current daily driver.

However, the major issue is getting our schedules together. We both have the last 2 weeks off. I was going to fly out after Christmas and drive it home. But she won't be there. I need someone into Reattas to hold it for me after I pay for it. Too many variables...

Is that the one in Sunnyvale? Just fly into SJC (preferred) or SFO. Once you have picked up the car, hop on I-80 and take it all the way to Iowa. No sweat. Though this time of year you may have a bit of snow to deal with.

Yes, you are spot on. But she is off the last two weeks of the year and won't be home. I am off the last two weeks and was going to do as you recommend. It's 1825 miles one way. Not a big deal to me. I have ice water in my veins. I have picked cars up from out west that were barely running. Stressful, but this Reatta has less miles now then my daily driver, which is 16 years newer.

I would do it if the seller was home. She has recommended January but I will be working.

That's the way my Reatta journey has been! :(

Have been around for some time, back in the 80s it was all Pontiac and a standing joke was that I made more meetings of the LA chapter than Florida.

Outgrew the Fiero I had in Y2K and needed a bigger one - the Reatta and that was the start (or full circle, when I came back from an all expense paid trip to SEA I wanted a 65 Riv GS and got a 70 GS 4-spd that I took autocrossing. Beat a lot of Z-28s which was a no-no.

Junk that isn't is nothing new from GM, lots of people got their start picking through the Swartz Creek junkyard for NOS stuff (was at GMI 70-75). Hard to believe that was 40 yar ago.

ps I live with at least four computers going in different contexts so usually have on connected to reattaville (IE8 makes it easy), is my equivalent to a cofee break.

If there is a problem in Sunnyvale I can ask around, I visit the blue cube from time to time, not as much as I used to though, being a full time telecommuter is much nicer than living on airplanes.

I dunno, wasn't a new way of communicating, just the same way I always have. Never occured to me to do anything different.

BTW never thought of a silver lining to the GM bankrutcy but clearing the way to making drivers out of show cars is certainly one.

Hello all, will be putting up for sale (4) Reattas: cars are as follows,

Prices Reduced,

21,500 for Silver Sinatra Conv.

13,500 for Red Donated Conv.

2,800 for Biack Coupe.

Next stop EBAY

(1) 1991 Reatta Conv. Silver Body/ Grey Int. / Black Top

car is in showroom cond with appox. 10,000 miles, this car was originally from the Frank Sinatra family and I have documentation to verify.

(2) 1991 Reatta Conv. Red Body/ Saddle Top/ Saddle Int.

car has a tear in the top has some small paking lot dings otherwise excellent condition,

appox. 20,000 miles, this car is one of the GM "donation" cars and is one of only two that I know of in private hands that has not been scrapped.

It is titled in my name, and I have the original shipping documents as well as reship documentation available, as well as the School it was donated to.

(3) 1991 Reatta Coupe. Black Body/ Saddle Int. No sunroof.

car was a daily driver and has appox. 130,000 miles paint strating to fade in some spots, body and int. are excellent.

(4) 1990 Reatta Coupe Project. Driftwood, car is in the middle of being converted to a Buick V8 and Rear Wheel drive. Engine is a total rebuild 455 bored to 464 CI.

All cars are located in Glasco, KS. and I can ship as I own an auto transport company. Pics are as follows, I will be putting these on the other Reatta forums also.

Thanks for looking,

Stan

• 11 months later...

Hello Maintool, the 91 coupe has been sold, the project Reatta coupe I may be parting out, the two 91 conv. are still for sale, have had some interest in them but I am not looking to take trades.

Thanks for asking,

Stan

Well, it's almost a year & for this thread .... Does anyone know, if any of these have sold ? ? ?

EBAY ?

Well it's been over a week, were you just curious, or did you have a question on one of these cars?