If I only had the Time/Inclination/Skill/Money!

...I'd restore this vehicle from Ebay into something resembling the second picture which is a view of a truck parked out front of my Great-great grandfather's Studebaker Dealership in Wenatchee. Of course, maybe someone has a restored one they want to sell me to save me all that time and trouble! :)

post-60134-143138359653_thumb.jpg

post-60134-143138359655_thumb.jpg

The Ebay truck is definitely built up from a number of vehicles. As keiser31 says the back of the cab is from a sedan,probably 1928-29, as are the doors and fenders. The drum type headlights are 1925-26. It does not appear to have front wheel brakes, so the front axle can't be any later than 1926, also indicated by the small hubcaps. The rear wheels have larger hubcaps, so the rear axle is probably 1928-29. The cowl lights are anybody's guess.

The vehicle in the old picture is a 1927 Erskine.

Terry

As my uncle correctly informed me - "There isn't a piece on that vehicle that doesn't need cleaning, repairing, or replacing. You'd sink 30K into it and still be working away. Better off to find one someone is selling who already did all the hard work!"

Hmmm...converted Erskine? It seemed to me Mr. Quinn had told me it was a different body style conversion (as Studebaker didn't make trucks back then)...I'll have to dig up his old email/post on that....

Robert

I don't think the Erskine is a "converted" vehicle. I think it was built by Studebaker for dealer use only.

Terry

I totally agree. I was talking about the "ebay truck" when mentioning the sedan conversion. I think the Erskine came the way you see it in the second photo.