Lloyd mats for 85 Riv

sosuzguy

So I was told by a local upholstry shop that Lloyd mats makes a replica of the front floor mats for our 79-85 Riv's. However you have to order from one of their retailers, none of which are speciality to our cars. Once they hear Buick they automatically tell you no we don't have it.

Has anyone ever bought one of these from Lloyd mats? Can anyone speak to their quality? Thanks in advance.

Jayson:

I have purchased several sets of Lloyd Mats over the years. Their quality is excellent, and I don't think you would be disappointed if you ordered a set for your '85. I looked into ordering a new Lloyd front mat for my '85 turbo convert, but never went through with the purchase because I was unsure about which exact color to order. The design of the one-piece front mat was the same as the OEM mats for our '79-'85 cars. Lloyd has a vast array of color choices, so you should be able to match your interior correctly. Here's a link to their color options if you haven't visited their web site yet...

Ultimat Colors

I don't think most people (including Riv Fans!) would be able to tell that the Lloyd mat is not OEM. The only downside would be not having the small rubber GM logo on the front mat. The bottom line is they make a pretty good product (imho)...

I have Lloyd Ultimats in my '84 Seville, same large single piece floor mat floormat as factory. Lloyds are usually a bit oversized compared with the factory mats for additional coverage, but all their mats fit perfectly. Looks absolutely "correct" other than not having the rubber logo and edging.

Usually get my Lloyd Mats through AutoAnything.com Current offer: free shipping for any order size and $ 25.00 off orders over $179.00 Code: ENV1022 Exp. 11/25/10

Edited by Rawja (see edit history)

I also bought the Lloyd's single front mat and 2 rear mats for an '85 Riv I onced owned. They were somewhat expensive but the quality/fit was perfect. The blue color I picked was a good combo w/ the carpet. I went one step further and had the Buick tri-shield embroided in the center of the front and rear mats. Although not OEM, the shield looked liked it belonged there. The car was sold but I kept the mats.

Thanks I was wondering all of that. Sounds like Lloyd mats is the way to go get a good quality replacement that fits well. Attached is their drawing of our floor mats with dimesions. I measured it against the OEM from another 85 and they are pretty close, except for all the funny cut lines in the drivers corner.

Do ya'll think their cut outs made for the front floor mats fit any better than the original? schematic attached

Lloyd.PDF

Edited by sosuzguy (see edit history)

As an update, autoanything is presently offering 15% off and free shipping for orders over $99.00 through Sunday. Code: ENV1026

I've used Lloyds Mats in many cars over the years and sometimes they are differently shaped than the originals, but it's invariably an improvement on the factory's design, affording more coverage of the underlying carpeting.