Turbo (I think) Help needed

Guest bacchustn

Guest bacchustn

Turbo problem...

To begin with the car (1991 3.0 ltr) has been sitting for 2 years outside on pavement in SE florida. [ran fine when parked] Since then, new batter, alternator cap, wires, plugs, oil change air filter. Old fuel run out and new gas w/ heet fuel treatment added. No fuel filter, fuel pump, no messing with the catalytic converter. No pressure test of the fuel pressure.

Car starts right up and idles fine, will rev up to 6000 rpm smoothly but if at any point the gas pedal is pressed hard the car stutters badly and instantly looses all power.

With the key off-key on-key off- key on engine diagnosis...the fault code reads 12. 25. 41. 55. with fault code 25 indicating - [ AIS fault (automatic idle speed) - motor driver circuit shorted or target idle not reached, vacuum leak found] -- fault code 41 indicates - [Alternator field control circuit open or shorted]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to turn this car into an in town daily driver for my 20 year old.

Not a turbo problem. The 3.0 V6 doesn't have a turbo unless some owner has added it to the car, it should be the standard aspirated fuel injection. Any shop that can diagnose and repair a LeBaron 3.0 V6 can work on that engine/transmission. The injector wire harness on the 3.0 is known for corrosion at the connectors and a couple years of sitting could cause that. The computers also need to be reset after a battery disconnect by driving at least 50 miles as you would normally drive.