'60 Electra - Fuel line question

JanZverina

Can one of you 1960 Electra experts tell me what is the correct setup for the fuel line BEFORE it enters the engine compartment? It looks to me as if I have a pretty original (or not very recent) hose that's running inside the full length of the driver's side frame rail back to the tank, not a steel line. What was the OEM setup? And is there a rubber hose or steel tube vent system as well on this model? It's a 4719 (6-window sedan) w/ a 401 (naturally). Thanks!

I can't speak for the Electra, But the Invicta has steel to the front crossmember and then a short piece of rubber hose snaking up to the fuelpump. I expect yours should be the same. It's a tough piece of hose to replace because the access is top the clamps is almost inside the frame. I Suspect someone cut your line off back where is was easier to attach the hose.

I wouldn't want that much rubber hose on my fuel line.

Bob

The vent line would attach to the tank sending unit "back there" and probably have a rubber hose attached to some sort of "end piece" on the hose . . . which would be, probably, attached to the underbody above the rear axle area. Other times, the "vent" was in the fuel tank cap.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467