better car?? 68 riviera or 64 riviera

Guest donhess64rivi

Guest donhess64rivi

the 68 is

Price Reduced!!! 1968 Buick Riviera. 455 Big block w/HEI ignition, Turbo 400 Trans w/ shift kit, 3.42:1 ratio 10 bolt Posi-traction rear. New Summitt Racing 750 cfm carb w/ elec choke, new dual exhaust. New Kenwood stereo/CD. Factory buckets and "horseshoe" center console shifter. Solid running car. Drive anywhere. Body and interior in good condition. A good "20 footer" local cruise-in car. Under carriage rust free. Body straight. and the 64 riviera is 401 nailhead posi trac looks good but just want to know what car no matter what condition say both are fair would be the better pick

eeh........personal preference really. The 68 is a bit more modern but the 64 carries a more sought after classic recognizable Riviera styling.

It'd probably be a tough pic for me but I've always favored the 2nd gens. Based on what you have stated the 68 sounds like a well equipped car. The buckets and shifting console is a big plus as is the 3.42. Its ready to roll.....and rock!

Value wise, the 64 is the better choice. You will find the 68 is a more comfortable car ( for me at least ) if you will be doing longer distantance driving. My advice is to check both cars out carefully ( the 64 should have a 425 engine code KW, not a 401 ) The 68's has been changed if it truly has a 455 and not the original 430 under the hood.

Guest donhess64rivi

yeah the 68 is in way better condition than my 64 and im getting around 5 k for mine and saving some money getting the 68 so i can have some play money for it.one big question i have is i got some cragar 30 spoked wheels i put on the 64 rivi i know they had to have adapters to fit but is the 68 hub the same size as the 64 hub ?

The actual hub on the '68 is smaller. If you've ever tried to put the '65 and later Buick rally wheels on a '63 or '64 Riviera, you have to remove the register ring from the inside of the wheel. The center holes in the 63 - 64 Rivieras are larger as well. The bolt circles on both are 5"x5" so if a wheel will fit a '64 it will fit a '68 - provided it will clear the disk brakes if the '68 is so equipped.

Ed