Another bogus Ebay seller claim

Guest bofusmosby

Guest bofusmosby

Thanks to the membership here, I have developed more on an eye on what is "Restored" to original. Its a joke when this guy states this, and when you look at the photos, you see that the photos tell the truth, NOT the seller. This car happens to be a 1937 Pontiac, so I guess I have become more criticle of the "restoration". Note that EVERYTHING that should be wood-grained is painted red, and also note that when the guy painted the firewall, he didn't even mask the engine, showing red paint on the ehgine.

Here is the link:

Pontiac : 4-Door Sedan: eBay Motors (item 130452615581 end time Nov-14-10 09:28:59 PST)

Yes, it looks like a back yard restoration, but if you could get it for the right price and DRIVE it, you could still have some fun with it. Put the finishing touches on it later, according to your ability or your ability to pay. The "show car condition" statement in his ad is a bit over the top though.

Guest billybird

Yes sir: This is normal not only on Ebay but anywhere else. I try to understand though; not all people are into this restoration like many of us are. Some people don't know the deffinition of the word "restoration". I have seen outright Streetrods advertised as "restored". Most vehicles advertised as restored, would be a good candidate for restoration or be an easy restoration. The undercarriage of the vehicle in question is pretty bad underneath to have been restored 165 miles ago. I understand what pacerman means by "backyard restoration", but I will point out as we all know as well as pacerman, a backyard restoration can be a Concourse/Marquee club winner. Just depends on whether its done right or not.