What to think?

Guest MB91560

Guest MB91560

The 90,V6 TC I got out of Texas a week ago with a bad trans !!! The TC started up and ran fine and the trans shifted OK . But the trans pan cover leaked bad , way over torqued. Tom sent a new trans filter with the car so I got 12 quarts of AFT+4 and renew the filter& fluid by putting a hose on the trans return line at the radiator and the gearshift in drive ,O yes the car was on jack stands. I have put about 60 miles on the car in town and Hiway. For now this TC is running and driving outstanding and I am very happy. When gearshift lever is in (P) some times the starter will not engage but in neutral startes every time.

Guest My TC Toy

I would suggest the selector lever is slightly oui t of adjustment and the car is not fully engaging the neutral safety switch when in park. With the lock fully depressed is the selector exactly at ther positions (R, N, D etc.) when moved through the positions? If they do not line up well, you will notice they move off position slightly when they are pushed into each locking position.